TEN. *

"Can you just leave it alone?" I seethed, because she was changing the song again...for maybe the twentieth time. This time, it was playing a song by Coldplay. What in the actual hell could anyone have against listening to Coldplay on a road trip. That was like road trip anthem music.

"I just don't like that song, alright," she said, and her tone told me that it wasn't up for discussion, so I allowed this one last change to the stereo. Then, she put on Harry Styles. Don't get me wrong, I liked most of Harry Styles' music, but I was over hearing the same three songs on the radio and she put on one of those three songs. Naturally, I did what any rational human being would do- I turned the radio off.

"Can you at least put your dad's crappy music back on in the background for SOMETHING. I think we can both agree that it's terrible, so there shouldn't be anything left to argue about." I caved and pushed play on one of his multiple jazz CD's he had loaded.

Thirty minutes down the road, and six obnoxious jazz songs later, I pulled into a gas station. "Need a snack?"

"I need a bathroom," she replied, with major attitude. I was not in the mood to deal with whatever had crawled up her ass. When she got out do the car, I stood in her way so she couldn't pass me, which she obviously loved- not. "What?" she asked with another dose of attitude.

"I don't want the rest of the drive to be like this. Can we stop the bullshit fighting?"

"Fine, but for the record you started it." She even pointed at me, like she had to convince someone else that I was at fault.

"I'll take the credit for it if it means you will get back in the car and stop being a frigid bitch."

"Frigid bitch?! That's a little harsh." Was it though?

"Maybe a little, but it's not inaccurate."

"I just hate when you get all 'my way or they highway' with me. Throwing a tantrum over me switching the music to something you didn't like, so you turn it off- like a child. Rather than letting the other person in the car enjoy a few songs they like." We literally enjoyed a dozen songs she liked because anytime one I liked came on that I liked, she changed it. I knew, with her, none of this was a battle worth fighting. Not if I wanted to end up in the same bed as her later, when we made it to Woodstock Inn.

Apparently, while she was in the bathroom, she removed the stick she had up her ass because when she came back to the car, with a water bottle in hand, she was in a much better mood. She spent the next thirty minutes singing along to all her favorites while bouncing between making me sing along or commenting about the changing terrain.

The farther north we went, the more picturesque the scene became. The snow had fallen there the same as it had in New York City, but in the city it didn't cling to and coat the buildings like it did the rooftops and trees dotting the fields. When I turned onto mainstreet in Woodstock, I watched her eyes go wide. The streets were still the original cobblestone and there were gas lanterns on each side, flickering as the sun began to set. She looked over at me and smiled. "I didn't know places like this actually existed outside of books and movies."

"Like I said, they always hold these conferences in places like this." Woodstock was nothing compared to where my grandparents called home.

"Look at that cute little restaurant," she said, pointing to a local restaurant a little ways down the street. We were both starving. I had expected us to get in about an hour ago and grab some food somewhere to bring back with us, but now that we were running late, it made more sense to stop on the way. She turned to me, surprised, when I pulled into the parking lot. "What are you doing?"

"Taking you out to dinner."

"Can't we just eat at the Inn?"

"Nope. We actually can't. They aren't expecting us in time for dinner tonight. Plus, we would need a reservation on a Friday night for their small restaurant." I exited the car while Atty took her sweet ass time to get all stretched and dressed from head to toe in winter clothing for the twenty foot walk inside.