THIRTEEN. *

—————————— (Friday)

When I woke up at the ungodly hour of 6:30 am, I realized that I'd majorly fucked up with one look at my phone screen, but the notifications weren't needed for me to know that.

11:30pm:
- Atty: are you coming over soon?

11:44pm:
- Atty: I really hope your not still talking to her

11:45pm: Missed call from Atty
11:46pm: Missed call from Atty

11:46pm:
- Atty: seriously just reply

11:50pm: Missed call from Iva
11:52pm: Missed call from Iva
11:53pm: Missed call from Iva

11:55pm:
- Iva: Look, I'm sorry. Just pick up so we can talk.

12:25am: Missed call from Atty
- Atty: I'm not waiting up anymore
- Atty: come over if you want

1:10am:
- Iva: You're such a child.
- Iva: I can't believe you hung up on me again.

1:12am:
- Iva: I'm getting pissed now.
- Iva: We need to talk not scream at each other.

1:14am:
- Iva: This isn't funny.

1:15am: Missed call from Iva
1:17am: Missed call from Iva
1:29am: Missed call from Iva

1:50am:
- Iva: See you in December.

4:31am: Missed call from Atty
4:33am: Missed call from Atty

4:35am:
- Atty: I'm not a fan of this
- Atty: please answer your door
- Atty: or your fucking texts

4:40am: Missed call from Atty
4:45am: Missed call from Atty
4:46am: Missed call from Atty

4:50am:
- Atty: you know what- fuck you

I kept looking down at the THIRTY notifications of missed calls or texts from Atty, or Iva, and I grabbed my pounding head with the other hand, rubbing it while I felt like I was going to vomit for a number of reasons. How the hell was I going to fix my fuck up last night? What had I said to Iva. Those last calls with her I was barely with it. Then, Atty. Did I answer any calls from her?

I didn't even really have time to think about it because the very next call came from her scary ex-boyfriend, who I had attempted to befriend, but I suspected was going to be pretty pissed when I answered. I was right- I didn't even get a hello.

- "You fucked up." Benji sounded every bit as furious as I expected him to.

- "I know."

- He barked back, but his tone had this eerie calm behind it. Like he was already waiting in the hallway to beat me with a baseball bat. "No, I don't think you do. You need to walk your sorry ass over to her room and fix this, or I am going to have to get in my car and drive there." That was the last thing I needed, though he'd clearly already been brought into whatever this was between Atty and me.

- "She doesn't want to see me." I was certain about that. Her last text let me know, loud and clear, that I was to fuck right off.

- "That might be what she's saying, but it's not what she wants and we both know that. Now go." I was glad that he didn't give me any time to think about things, because that would have resulted in me waiting until we had to see one another for our meeting to talk to her, which would have been the wrong way to handle this- to handle her. I had to remember that Atty wasn't like every other female I've ever known, but I think that was what both intrigued and terrified me about her.