Chapter One: The Pain

"Hey! wake up loser, it's 10 'o' clock!" shouted Akmal's mother as usual.

"Ma! Stop waking me like that! You know how much it annoys me, when I wake up every morning hearing that? " Akmal retorted.

"You are a loser Akmal! What have you done? Look at Ajmal, he scored AIR 3rd rank, and now he is pursuing MBBS, and you Akmal!.." She paused her speech in worry, tears running down her cheeks, and then she continued...

"You have failed your 12th, and doing nothing but, using your phone all day long!" she scolded him. She looked into her son's eyes, with anger filled with love and said, "Not a bit of shame in the face"

"Enough ma!" Akmal retorted, Even though, he back answered his mother, he felt a pain in his heart, like which he had never felt before, this pain ultimately changed his life! and also his mind urged him to say, "Ma! I will make you proud soon! ", but he held it within his thought.

"Go buy these items, I have to prepare lunch for your father and brother" she said as she gave the list and some money to Akmal. As soon as he bought the items, he took his phone and started scrolling through it.

After few hours....

Knock! Knock!, she rushed to the door. Her husband and beloved son came in. She hurried up to arrange the table for them. The family had their lunch silently. Akmal interrupted the silence, "Wouldn't you cook some mutton gravy for me" he said. "You need mutton gravy, you did nothing all day!" his father retorted.

"Pa! please don't scold him like that!" Ajmal said, as he held over a glass of water to him. As he drank it he said, "Ajmal! you please don't interrupt us!" As their father left for work, the brothers landed on the bed, to take a quick nap.

"Ajmal! you are the only one who understands me in the whole family " Akmal said as he was staring at the roof.

"I get it Akmal, but you must understand that our parents are very concerned about you" Ajmal advised him.

"I understand it Ajmal, but what could I do?" Akmal worried

"Don't worry Akmal, I am with you, I will support you to overcome it" Ajmal said. Akmal got up and signed to his brother. As soon as Ajmal got up Akmal embraced him and said, "You are the best brother I have".