Chapter Three: The Weekends

The brothers walked out of the station, carrying their backpacks.

 "Finally arrived at Madras" said Akmal, glancing at his brother.

"Yeah, but how much are the rooms here? " inquired Ajmal.

"Room? For what?" Akmal asked casually.

"Hey! what has happened to you?, we have gone through a long journey, and of course!... " his brother interrupted in between, when he was about to end his sentence..

"We are tired! and of course! we need a good comfortable room to rest!  " Akmal winded up the sentence, and continued..

"Didn't I tell you this journey would be a tough one?"  he reminded him.

"So what? are we going to sleep on the streets? " appalled Ajmal. Akmal gave a slight smile at his brother and said,

"It depends on our work today! if we work well we will be able to book a room at the end of the day!" said Akmal, then he continued..

"Ok, let's start our work" he said, while emptying his backpack, taking the stationeries in it. And Ajmal accepted his brother's words and started preparing himself for the work. Akmal pointed out a place to him,  "You check out that place, while I check out this place, and when you are done with your work, return here I will be waiting for you" he whispered.

The brothers, filled with anticipation, embarked on a journey to explore the heart of the city – its vibrant market. Stalls adorned with colors, aromas wafting through the air, and the lively chatter of locals created a sensory feast for the brothers.

The students in the market, got attracted to Akmal's new and fancy product, in a few minutes he was surrounded by a crowd of students, pushing each other and eagerly rushing to buy the products

The students in the market, got attracted to Akmal's new and fancy product, in a few minutes he was surrounded by a crowd of students, pushing each other and eagerly rushing to buy the products. Akmal took an amount of money from his pocket, and counted it. " Wow! I've made Rs5000 in just half a day!" he thought, and was proud of his hardwork.

Even though, he was content with his hardwork, his stomach roared with the ferocity of a thousand lions, each growl a desperate plea for sustenance, as if he hadn't tasted a morsel in an eternity. And his thought deeply wondered about his brother.

"How is he doing?" 

"Is he alright?"

"Is he safe?"

"Did he manage to settle himself in the market?"

"How is his work going?"

All these thoughts rang in his mind. 

Meanwhile, Ajmal was walking on the dusty streets of Madras, while counting the money, "Wow! this is great!, I have made Rs5000 in just few hours! " he appreciated himself. Even though he worked hard and made a good amount of money, the ferocious hot sun, drained his energy, his legs weak he stumbled to walk. And surrendering to weakness, he folded like a delicate paper caught in a breeze.

Even in the noisy and busy markets of Madras, Ajmal caught the sight of a rich man.

the story will continue...

What do you think would happen next?

What would the man do to him?

Comment your thoughts below...