Chapter Five: The Loss

That Evening...

Akmal was extremely depressed by the loss of his brother. Neither food, nor water bothered him. Not even a sip of water entered his mouth, without seeing his brother with his own eyes. In great despair, he took out his phone, and started glancing over his brother's photos.

You instilled hope in me in my times of struggle

I'm instilling despair in you in your times of struggle

I have no words to describe your loss

Even though I know it has no pause

The days we laughed and played are the blessed time in my life

But, I don't know if it would ever repeat in my life

He sobbed over his brother's photo, uttering these lines in desperate worry! "AJ MAAL!" he cried.

Meanwhile at the Hotel...

Ajmal wakes up seeing a disturbing dream, "Akmal is in need of me!" he whispers to himself. He rushes to Mr.Ikran's office room. Mr.Ikran's assistant who notices him rushing to the office room, blocks his way and asks what he wants?, Ajmal explains her that, he wants to have some important talks with him, but she refuses to let him in. 

"Boss is on an important client meeting now" she says. So Ajmal returns to his room irritated and also some kinds of doubts, starts to fill in his heart, as he also had a bad dream today.

Meanwhile, Mr.Ikran speaks on phone with his team, "Did you find the boy?" he asks. 

"No sir! So far we didn't find any trace of him" the man replies.

"It has been 5 hours since the search started! and you couldn't find the boy till now!" he yells on the phone.

"Sir! we are searching for him consistently for 5 hours! even now we are on search sir!" the man answered back. But the the team were doing the exact opposite of what they said. Even now! they weren't on search, instead they were having tea and snacks in a restaurant.

But Mr.Ikran is not a fool to believe them, he knew very well about his employees. While speaking to them, he also noticed the background noise, so he asked "Oh! so that's why you are having tea now!" in a sarcastic way.

"Sir! Sir!" the man stammered, and Mr.Ikran hung the phone. As soon as, Mr.Ikran hung the phone, the man looked around to check if their boss was watching over them. After Mr.Ikran realized his team is of a waste, he got ready to find the boy himself.

Meanwhile Ajmal was in great despair, a day has passed by  and he didn't consume anything except water. His mental state was indescribable and now his dream made it even worse. Their childhood memories started to play in front of his eyes.

You were a lamp who guided me in my life

Now my life has turned dark without you in my life

I don't know how I would face my enemies without you beside 

It gave me a strong hope when you stood  beside 

My life would truly would be dreadful without you

As there's no brother in this world like you 

He sobbed and uttered these lines in great despair. Having no clue about his future life." AK MAAL!" he cried.

Meanwhile in the market streets, Akmal was sobbing over his brother's photo. Out of nowhere he heard his brother call him. He turned around and to his astonishment he saw his brother standing there smiling at him. Radiant filled his face, "AJ MAAL! "he screamed in joy and ran towards him.

 But sadly, it was just a hallucination. In real he was just standing in front of a tall and rich old man. Feeling soo embarrassed, "Sorry for the inconvenience sir" he apologized. When the man was about to tell something, he walked away. "AKMAL IHSAAN!" the man called him.

Akmal looked at the man in astonishment, "How do you know my name?" he asked skeptically. 

"Your brother is safe and secure in my hotel" the man affirmed. 

"How could I believe in you?" he asked the man skeptically.

"If you see it, then you would believe it" the man affirmed.

"This man looks like a rich brad, he might have Ajmal with him. If I act as if trusting him, I would at least get the chance to see my brother. Once I see Ajmal's situation I would be able to judge this man." he thought. Akmal got into his car, and they drove to the Hotel.

Meanwhile at the Hotel as the time passed, and his brother still was not found. Ajmal started to lose hope in Mr.Ikran, instead started to doubt him "What if Ikran has kidnapped my brother!?" he thought. And he walked out his room to search his brother by himself, and as he was about to walk out of the hotel, he saw Ikran and Akmal walking in. He couldn't believe his eyes, he rubbed his eyes to check if it was a dream.

"Ajmal! you are back!" Akmal cried, radiant filled in their face, both brothers gave each other a big hug, and shed tears of sheer delight. "Akmal! I thought I would never find you!" Ajmal said. Mr.Ikran watched the brothers, with happy tears filled in his eyes. 

Do you think the brothers would accept Ikran's offer?

Or would they deny it and return to Mumbai?