Chapter Two: The Journey begins

" 498,499,500" Akmal exclaimed. Ajmal was waken up by his brother's sound, "Doing pushups huh?, seems like you are awake for a long time!" Ajmal asked. Akmal was panting and tired, he savored the relief that came with completing his workout.

"Yeah, I am improving myself" He asserted. Ajmal gave a radiant smile at his brother, and then slipped his hand into his pocket, and took something, which caught his brother's eyes.

"5000 rupees! Give it to me!" Akmal grabbed it from his brother.

"That's my long saved money!" Ajmal screamed.

"If you give it to me, I'll double it for you" Akmal requested.

"Sounds good!, But give me time to think over it, till then let me keep the money" Ajmal said.

"I will return it, but you shouldn't spend it in any case! understand?" Akmal asserted.

"Got it!" said Ajmal acceptingly.

While Ajmal left to get ready for college, Akmal pondered over it in deep silence. "Izzah! Izzah! Where is my purse?" their father asked, while hurrying up for work.

"Here it is, ji!" she handed it over to him. Akmal went to take a shower, while his brother and father left for their work. Meanwhile Izzah was on her chair, pondering over something that happened the day before. "I shouldn't have scolded Akmal like that yesterday, it would have hurt him a lot" she thought.

Akmal sat down to have his breakfast after shower, and she set the table for him. When Akmal was about to get up, after having his meals, she called him. "Akmal! sit down I want to have some words with you" she said. Akmal sat down expecting to get new scolding from her. She sat beside him and said, "I am sorry Akmal!" apologetically.

Akmal held his mother's palm and looked into her face, then said, "Ma! I am the one who should apologize", then he hung his head in shame and continued,

" Ajmal fulfilled your dream, but I didn't fulfill your dream, rather I lead you in worry" he paused and again looked into her eyes and said, "But I will make you proud soon Ma"

"Akmal!" she exclaimed and embraced her son, happy tears ran down her cheeks.

After few hours.....

Izzah sets the table for lunch, Knock! knock! she rushes to open the door, and Akmal hides behind it. Qabil Ihsaan, head of the family enters in, followed by him enters his beloved son. Just then, "Boo" Akmal came out of his hiding place by surprise, and frightened his brother, Ajmal was taken by surprise, and both brothers laughed out in joy.

After lunch, as usual Ihsaan left for work and the brothers went into the room, but this time they had something to discuss.

"Ajmal I gave you time to think" Akmal said, expecting to get a positive response from his brother.

"Your deal is fantastic, but how would you do it?" Ajmal exclaimed.

"It's exam time right? " asked Akmal.

"Yeah" Ajmal replied.

"Hmm, so if you gave it to me, I'll buy some stationeries here, and then book tickets to Madras for coming weekend... " as Akmal was speaking...

"That's day after tomorrow right?" Ajmal interrupted

"Yes" Akmal responded, then continued...

"So, I'll go there and sell these and make 20,000 rupees in total!" he exclaimed

"How would you make that much money, in just 2 days?" inquired Ajmal

"Don't you trust me?" asked Akmal

"For sure, I trust you bro!" affirmed Ajmal

"Then, Why don't you hand it over to me? " asked Akmal

"If I handed it over to you, would you accompany me with you?" asked Ajmal, expecting to get a positive response from his brother.

"Bro! it's a tough journey I don't think you would be able to accompany me" Akmal said

"I don't care how tough it is, I will be able to accompany you!" affirmed Ajmal

Akmal looked at his brother gladly, and patted him on his back and said, "If you are ready, then let's begin our journey!"

Both of them smiled at each other and shook their hands in hope.

What do you all think? Would the brothers be able to accomplish their goal?

Comment your thoughts below

I hope you are enjoying this story, to make it more interesting, I have decided to tell you all more about their parents