7. Two For Forever

My stomach turned. I covered my mouth and looked at him. He held the ring up, and his hands were shaking.

"Yes!" I laughed.

"Yes?!?" He stood up.

"Yes!" I jumped on him. He spun me around and laughed with me. When he set me down, he kissed me. I had a grin throughout the whole thing.

"I- I can't believe you said yes!" He got so excited.

"Of course I did, dummy. I love you." I said.

His expression lit up before kissing me again.

"Let me see!" I looked at the box.

He held it up. Oh my. It's beautiful. I didn't know he had it in him to pick a ring out for me and have it be better than anything I would've ever picked. It was big, and it was in a perfect circle shape. Silver lined the ring, and the diamond glittered even in the dim lighting.

"Oh my goodness." I shook my head.

He took it out, and slid it on my ring finger. I've never seen something that looks so perfect and so right.

I teared up and latched on to him for another hug again.

"When did you get this?!" I asked. "It's insanely perfect."

"I've had it for weeks, I've just been so nervous and I didn't know if you'd say yes and I was just waiting for a good time." He said.

"Why would you think I wouldn't say yes?" I asked.

"Because you're 19.. And even though we'd be having the wedding like next year when we're both 20, I just didn't know if you'd think that was too young or..."

"I love you now. I'm in love now. I don't want anything else. This is perfect." I said.

He smiled. "It took all I had to get your dad to say yes to that."

I widened my eyes. "My parents know about this?!" I asked.

"And Barbara. And my parents. And Jack and Sam and Molly and Laura." He cheesed.

"So basically I'm the only one who didn't know?!" I smiled.

He nodded. "They know we're in love. They're all supporting us." He said.

I admired the ring. It was beautiful, but the boy standing in front of me was all I really needed. After hugging and kissing him for like the 7th time, we walked back to where everybody was. Immediately, Molly and Laura ran over to me. They both eyed at the ring on my finger.

"Oh my gosh!! He asked, didn't he?!" Molly said.

"Jack!!" Laura smiled.

I nodded, smiling. "He did!!"

David and Katherine noticed the commotion and came over.

"Jack, here?! I thought you were going to do something special!" Katherine said.

"After we danced, I couldn't think of a better time." He said. "It just felt right."

"Well, CONGRATULATIONS!" David practically yelled. We all laughed.

"Aww, the first of our kids to get married!!" Katherine smiled with excitement.

"I probably won't even get married until I'm like 70. You're so lucky." Laura admired at the ring on my finger. I felt like a princess, holding out my hand for the world to see.

"Well, give the future newlyweds some privacy!" David said. Molly and Laura both playfully rolled their eyes, but then they actually did give us privacy.

"We have to talk about the wedding soon!" Laura whispered excitedly while walking away.

I nodded, cheesing back at her. Me and Jack walked over to inside the castle looking building. We passed a few people and went over to a lonesome staircase in the corner of the room. He sat down on a step, so I did too.

Something about the ring on my finger made me feel so blissful.

"I can't believe you just asked me that." I said with delight.

"I'm just grateful that you said yes." He spoke.

"I'm so confused. I can guarantee that I would have never of said no." I looked at him.

"Good. Because if you said no, or that it wasn't the right time, my heart would've shattered."

"Well, it's official. I said yes. We're actually getting married." I beamed. It felt so weird to know or to say that I'm getting married. The only reason it felt right was the fact that Jack is my fiancé.

He smiled, showing me all of his perfect teeth. "What kind of wedding would you want to have?" He looked at me.

"I was thinking we could do a Little Mermaid themed wedding and that my bridesmaids can be dressed up as mermaids and I can wear a red wig and have a mermaid tail and we could swim and stuff." I said.

He looked at me, seemingly frightened.

When I saw the expression he had I couldn't help but burst out in laughter. "Oh my god Jack. I'm not being serious."

"Thank you Jesus." He laughed, putting his hands in a praying motion for a moment.

"You should know that I'm almost always sarcastic." I said, rubbing his back.

"Okay, besides your Little Mermaid fantasy," he laughed. "What would really be your ideal wedding?" He asked.

I rested my chin on the palm of my hand. "Hmm." I thought for a moment.

"A fall wedding." I said.

"That's what I was thinking. The weather isn't too hot but it's not too cold either.. That'd be perfect." He said. It gave me some sort of newfound happiness to hear him plan our wedding.

"Yes, perfect." I grinned. "What about colors?" I asked. Maybe we could just plan the whole thing right here right now, because that looks like what we're doing anyways.

"What about like red?"

"Ooo. Like dark red and grey and white and black..?" I suggested.

He nodded. "Hell yes."

"We might as well just get a wedding planner right here right now and do this whole thing." I sarcastically said.

He laughed. "I'm just excited I guess."

"Oh trust me, me too." I held up my ring. A thought suddenly came to mind. "I just thought of the cutest thing. Oh my god." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"Jack as the best man. AWW. Jack is going to be your best man, right?" I asked. A little thought of Jack J in a tux flashed through my head.

"No, I was thinking about having Dan from iFly as my best man." He said. Yes, I caught the sarcasm. "No of course Jack's going to be my best man." He said. "That's something I'm looking forward to."

"We won't even be able to drink. We'll both be 1 year short of 21." I said.

"But that didn't stop us before, eh?" He nudged my shoulder.

I smiled. "I mean, we can't have alcohol at our wedding stupid."

"Not alcohol that our families can see.." He pulled out a silver flask from the inside pocket of his tux.

"Jack! Put that away!" I laughed. He looked around before sliding it back into his pocket.

I held up my hand again, admiring the ring. The promise ring was still on my pinky.

"See, one's a promise forever," he pointed at my promise ring. "And the other one truly is your commitment to forever." He pointed at the diamond ring.