44. Not this

Justin and I ended up attempting our own smoked shrimp salad, and I had to say... It was good. I ended up cooking the most part of it, but he was a good help. We made a lot of it, so we had to save over half of it in a giant bowl in the fridge.

Now he was laying on his huge white bean bag, and I was laying on the couch in his living room. We're watching the new season of Empire, and I think he got me just as addicted as he was.  I was snacking on a box of Reeses Pieces, which I think he has an entire shipment of in his basement.

I pulled the blanket over my head and tried my best to fall asleep.

"What are you doing?!" Justin panicked. "This is the best part!" I uncovered my head and saw him sitting up in the bean bag in a weird position, eyes locked onto the TV screen. I giggled.

My phone began to vibrate, and it was a call from Jack. I thought he asked for a break?

I answered.

"Hi." I said.

"I thought we agreed that this break wasn't for fucking around." He sounded drunk.

"What?" I asked.

"There's pictures of you and Justin at that restaurant, you're crying, blah blah, people think we aren't together anymore." He scoffed. "So why are you hanging around him?"

I laughed sarcastically. "Really? You're the one who asked for a break. Stop being sensitive that I'm hanging out with my friends."

He laughed too. "Okay, slut."

My heart dropped. Did he really just say that? "Excuse me? I'm not breaking any rules. What is your problem?"

"I knoooowww you two are fucking. What else would be going on?" He mumbled. He's definitely drunk.

"You're drunk. Hang up the phone before you really ruin something." I said.

"I'm fine. And I'm sober enough to know that you're a slut, and that's that. Go fuck Bieber."

"Fuck you." I hung up the phone.

"Woah. What?" Justin looked at me from the bean bag.

"Jack just called me drunk. The pictures of us at the restaurant are already out, and he's dead set that me and you are having sex right now or something." I rolled my eyes.

Justin seemed slightly embarrassed. "Oh?"

"You know, he's pushing me real far away right now." I said. My heart was still racing. Again, my phone was lighting up with a call from him.

I answered it, putting it on speaker phone.

"What?" I said.

"I just wanted to tell you to play it safe with Justin, make sure you're being safe, we don't want another pregnancy scare with you." He laughed.

This one got to me. He's ridiculing me for something that happened in a serious matter. It wasn't funny or a joke, and he's completely ridiculing me for it.

"Jack, please. Stop." I begged. My voice got a little weak, and I think I regret putting it on speaker phone.

"Sluuut, slut slut." He said. I began to cry, although I didn't want to.

"Answer this question so I can know what I need to do, alright?" I spoke.

"Kay." He said.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"Cuz I know you're fucking other guys. You kissed Johnson."

"I'm telling you honestly that I'm not. You've been told a thousand times that the kiss was a mistake. You fucking know that, Jack. So are you going to believe me when I say that I'm not doing anything with other guys? That I'm always loyal to you? Because I love you?" I asked.

"I don't believe that shit." He said.

"Then it's over." I said. I hung up before he could embarrass himself some more. I couldn't help it, but my whole body felt weak and I just started to cry.

Justin jumped up from the bean bag and came next to me, holding me in his arms. I covered my face as he held me in his arms, and I really let it out. I wasn't necessarily crying loud, but I cried hard.

"You don't deserve that. My god, you really don't. What's a relationship without trust, Paige? He needs to learn that."

I sobbed all over Justin's white shirt, holding onto him. My whole heart was shattering.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so so so sorry. I love you, I love you, I love you. Fuck if he thinks he can get away with saying stuff like that to you." Justin said.

I caught my breath, but I still felt lifeless.

My phone vibrated on the couch, and Justin picked it up to look. It was a text from Jack.

Jack: you can't leave

I sat up, wiping my face. Justin looked so worried.

"Why is he doing this?" I cried.

"You know, I won't excuse anything he just did, but paparazzi has a crazy way of twisting things. Maybe he read something and it got to his head and he decided to get drunk and angry about it. But under NO circumstance should he have called you a slut and joked about you being pregnant. Nah." Justin shook his head. "That's unbelievable."

I reached over for another hug from Justin. He was warm, and I hope he didn't mind me crying all over him.

"I love you too." I said. We always say this in a friendly way, and it was never weird. It always comforted me.

My heart is in about 4,589 pieces. Jack had the nerve to call me a slut when the closest I've ever been to a boy while being in a relationship with him was kissing Johnson, and we both immediately knew how stupid it was. We don't even know why it happened. I've never even looked at a guy the wrong way, and I've always been loyal besides an awkward 0.3 second kiss with my best friend.

Jack, on the other hand, has always had scandals with Madison and pictures and he also kissed another girl in Omaha. I've forgiven him every time, and I've never called him names or made fun of him.

It's suppose to be us two. Happy forever. Not this.