45. I'll Never Forget The Boy Who

Justin's POV:

I woke up the next morning at about 9:40am, and I immediately got up to walk down the hall to the guest bedroom to check on Paige. I could hear her crying last night, but she insisted to be alone each time I'd come to check up.

I creaked the door open, and the room was dim. The lamp in the corner of the room was lit up just enough for me to see her laying on the bed. She sniffled.

"Hi. Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine." Her voice was hoarse.

"Can I come in?" I asked.

"Of course." She sat up, and she was a complete mess. Her shirt (my shirt) was soaked in tears, her long brown hair was tangled into a huge mane, and all of her makeup was cried off. She had one sock on.

If Jack knew how much I wanted to kill him, he'd be long gone from California right now. She didn't deserve that. Paige is the sweetest girl I know, and I've never met someone so genuine. She handles every bit of fame by being humble and giving, she's never gotten in an argument with paparazzi, and she gives every bit of her attention to her fans. On top of all of that, she manages to be one of my best friends and never fails to check up on me and help me with anything I need. I've never met someone so selfless, and for Jack to say things like that about her- especially within a relationship like they have, pisses me off. He doesn't deserve her and she definitely doesn't deserve something as low as him.

I sat down on the bed next to her. I glanced over at the night stand, noticing her ring taken off of her finger.

She leaned her head on my shoulder, and let out a huge sigh. I glanced over at the nightstand again, and her phone was nonstop vibrating.

"Is someone calling, or?" I asked.

"Probably." She sighed again.

Suddenly, my phone was vibrating with a text from my friend, Ray.

Ray: Duuude, wyd with Paige?!

There was an article with a link attached. Paige looked over.

"What?" I said to myself. I clicked on the link, opening it up. I immediately saw pictures of Paige and I in the restaurant, and pictures of us walking into my house. Typical, but the story that went along with it was outrageous.

Model Paige Holland gets close and personal with popstar Justin Bieber before heading back home with him. Paige allegedly split with former boyfriend that day, Jack Gilinsky. Holland posted an announcement on both Twitter and Instagram, explaining to fans.

There was a screenshot of Paige's post, so I read that too.

@paigemholland: After almost 4 years, Jack and I are going to be parting our separate ways. Unfortunately, things are ever changing, and the both of us don't quite fit well in a romantic relationship anymore. There are no hard feelings, and nothing happened, it's just what we both know to be best. We'll always be friends and be in support of each other, but it's time for our end. I apologize to anyone I let down, but ultimately this is what has been decided and what we're sticking with. I love you guys, and thank you for showing me so much support.

I didn't even know she posted this. I continued reading the rest of the article.

So now Paige is spending time with new boyfriend, Justin Bieber. Too quick of a move? Subscribe for more updates!

"You really posted that?" I asked. She looked at the screen, nodding.

"But I didn't say anything about you being my new boyfriend or whatever, that's made up." She said.

"Well yeah, I assumed." I laughed. I set my phone down and rested my head on top of hers, which was still on my shoulder.

"So it's really over?" I asked.

"It is." She confirmed. "I texted him last night. Well, if you even want to call it night. It was like 4am." She got up and grabbed her phone, sitting back down next to me and handing her phone.

"Read those." She pointed at her and Jack's texts.

Jack: i'm sorry i said that shit. i'm just mad.

Paige: There's no excuse for that. Literally, no excuse. I'm sick of fighting with you.

Jack: you wouldn't be mad if i was at a restaurant, crying to madison for no reason? then going to her house after?

Paige: No, Jack. I'd be worried that you're crying to another girl other than me and I'd make sure there was nothing I was doing wrong. I sure as hell wouldn't call you afterwards and call her a slut a thousand times and then make fun of something serious about you.

Jack: okay. i approached it wrong. i'm sorry.

Paige: When have you ever approached it right?

Jack: please can we just move on from this?

Paige: I'm sick of hearing that

Jack: well fuck it then.

Paige: I'd love to stay your friend, but this is too much for me to handle. You have no control of your temper, you've been acting different, and you can't even properly apologize. Even if you could, it's far too late. You can't even tell me a reason for how you've been acting, and we should be able to be honest with each other... but it feels like months since that's been a thing. I love you and I wish you the best. But right now I'm using this 2 weeks to get my head on straight until I can come to the house and grab my things. Take care of yourself, okay? I love you.

Jack: you're leaving me? for real?

Paige: I'll never forget the boy who I was so nervous to talk to at the Ralston Pizza Place. I'll never forget the boy who called me at 5am the next day to go skydiving. I will never forget the boy who taught me how to love, and how to let myself go. I will never forget the boy who I spent the night with in a hotel for the first time. I will never forget the boy who held my hand wherever we went, always opened my car door, and never forgot to tell me how beautiful I was. I'll never forget the boy who I leaned on during a Kodaline song, and I will absolutely never forget the boy who got down on one knee and expressed the love to me that I had for him. but you aren't that boy anymore, Jack. You're not you, and I wish I could help you. I'm sorry.

Jack: i wish you the best too.

My jaw dropped at the messages. Why is he being such a dick? Paige was being so honest and heartfelt, and this is what she got?

"I'm literally about to fucking kill him." I said.

"He needs to figure himself out." She said. "I don't know what changed so suddenly."

"I don't know either. This is ridiculous."