49. Sorry Ma'am

About 45 minutes later, there was a knock on the door.

"I'll grab it!" Ella said. She got up from the kitchen table. James and I stood up. I had a large ice pack wrapped around my neck, and it was making me feel a little better. Surprisingly, I had gotten to know these people very well. They're hilarious and they have a daughter my age, who lives in New York. They remind me of my parents like crazy.

"Hi! I'm Ella." She greeted.

"Hi! I'm Justin." Justin said.

I turned around the corner and spotted Justin, wearing a floral Hawaiian shirt with some khaki shorts. He looked like my dad did in Hawaii.

"Paige!" He ran up to me, wrapping me in a hug. He noticed the pink bandage around my knee. "Are you good? I saw your car. It's a little smashed."

"Yeah, it's not looking too good. But it's also not terrifying."

"That's true." He nodded.

"So!" James clasped his hands together. "Who's ready to get a new face?"

"Me!" Justin laughed. I explained to him over the phone what we were going to do, and he was unbelievably excited for it. James was charging us $150 for the two of us together, which was a good price. Justin decided to bring $100 and I have $100, so we'll be paying him $200. I should be paying him way more, considering he aided my knee after I literally almost killed him with my car.

/////////

3 and a half hours later, at about 2pm, Justin and I were completely transformed. James made Justin look like an older man with a huge nose, and I got transformed into an old woman with lots of moles and the face of a witch. Justin and I couldn't stop laughing at each other.

Ella took a break from laughing. "I have the best idea! I have wigs!" She jumped up, running up the stairs.

"Oh boy. Ella loves this stuff." James laughed.

A few seconds later, she came back down the stairs with a short blonde wig and a white shaggy haired wig.

"No way." Justin laughed. Every time he spoke, I died laughing. It's his voice but he looks like a weird old man.

Ella handed Justin the white wig, and I got the blonde one. We both got them situated until they looked like real hair. None of us could quit laughing.

"Paparazzi is never going to recognize us." I laughed.

"Okay." Ella held her finger up. "This is secretly my dream." She laughed. "Can I get some old clothes for y'all to wear? I'm sure his tattoos will need cover ups, anyways." She pointed at Justin's arms and legs. That's true, paparazzi would recognize them.

"Absolutely!" Justin beamed. I laughed again, watching Ella grab a box from the closet. She pulled out 2 high waisted khaki pants, belts, and long sleeve blue and pink polo shirts. She also grabbed 2 ugly hats.

In about 5 minutes, both of us were completely unrecognizable- and it was the absolute funniest thing ever. We look like old tourists.

We agreed to come back the next day to return the clothes and to pay James. During the makeup, I had my car towed to the repair shop. Not my doing of course, but Justin insisted to have that done for me. It was probably fine to drive, but he said he wanted it to be fixed and detailed for me.

We decided to take an Uber downtown. Once our driver was here, we thanked James and Ella, and began on our way downtown.

Our driver was a younger woman, Natalie, who seemed to fully believe that we were an old couple.

"So are you two from California?" She asked.

"We're from Texas." Justin said in a deep, southern accent. It took everything I had not to laugh as hard as I could.

"Oh, wonderful!" She smiled. She didn't even seem slightly suspicious.

Once we arrived at the Los Angeles Mall, Justin seemed like he was looking in all directions. He seemed so scared that we were walking out in the open at the mall, getting ready to enter.

"Calm down." I laughed. "Nobody even knows us."

He looked at me, and he had an unrecognizable yet hilarious face. I think it was so funny because it looked so real.

He laughed at me. "Oh my god, your nose is huge."

"So is yours!" I punched him in the shoulder, laughing.

We walked past large groups of people, and nobody even batted an eye. We were enjoying ourselves like never before. Honestly, I felt bad for Justin. A few years ago, it was easy to go anywhere. I know exactly what it's like to go see a movie or go shopping in peace without anyone even knowing my name. He's been in the spotlight for so long and I'm almost afraid he's never going to get a break from it. But today, he absolutely is.

We walked inside, figuring out where to go first. I pointed to the Gucci store, and he nodded his head in agreement.

As we were walking, he bumped into me.

"Dammit Gina, quit knockin' me over!" He grunted in a deep old man voice.

I giggled. "Justin, stop!" I said quietly.

"Okay," he countered back with quiet talking. "Your name is Gina. My name is Bill."

"Bill?" I giggled. We laughed without fail every single time we looked at each other.

The checkered tiles on the floor of Gucci reflected off the bright golden chandeliers on the ceiling. It was a little cold in here, and it smelt like fancy perfumes and cologne. I took in the scent, and widened my eyes at a rose gold jacket, and began walking towards it.

There were a lot of people in here, and Justin was so excited that nobody recognized him. 

"Nobody is even looking at me." He whispered.

Just as I was about to pick up the jacket, a guy grabbed it.

"Jack!" She exclaimed, walking closer. "Sorry ma'am, did you want that jacket?" My heart dropped to my toes.

It's Jack and Madison.