41. 2 Weeks

I flipped on the TV, watching E! News' segment on me and Ayana on the red carpet last night.

"Ayana Bliss and Paige Holland wore the same dress, and it actually wasn't a disaster! The two took pictures together and both rocked the red carpet in their doppelgänger outfits. Everyone LOVED it."

I smiled as the pictures flashed of Ayana and I, laughing next to each other and showcasing the same dress. I can't believe it actually ended up being a good thing.

Jack came and jumped over the couch, landing right next to me and tackling me with kisses.

"Stop!" I laughed.

He smiled, but then stopped and looked at me with a more serious expression.

"What?" I asked.

"I've just been thinking a lot lately." He put his And head back, and seemed bothered. My stomach rolled a little bit at how serious he was being all of the sudden.

"About?"

"Well." He turned to me. "You kissed Jack."

I nodded, remembering the whole thing again. "I did. And you already know it was a mistake."

"But he admitted that you guys didn't even think about telling me after it happened. He also is acting weird as shit lately and I think it's because of you."

"Me?" I asked. "Jack, this was a long time ago. Can't we just forget it? Bringing it up isn't going to do anything. We always fight and try to make each other jealous, and I'm tired of that."

He sighed. "I know we do argue... a lot. We need something."

"Need what? Better communication? Less assuming?" I laughed.

"Maybe we just need a break." He shrugged.

My stomach was now in bricks and my veins were heating up. "A break?" I said rudely. I held up my ring finger, showing the ring. "You don't just propose to someone and then ask for a break." I began.

"No no no. Paige. Not a break break. Just like a break from being around each other. Think about it. We've been through every god damn thing possible with each other, but we've done it all without never being apart from each other for more than like, a week. Literally from the beginning of our relationship we've never been separated for longer than that. We should just see if we could handle something like that."

I don't understand his reasoning. "We live in the same bedroom." I squinted. "So tell me how you want this to work, or why you even want this to work."

"Just listen. I love you and there's nothing wrong with our relationship right now. I just want to try something we've never tried before. You know how distance always brings us closer. Let's go 2 weeks and see what happens. If we hate it, we don't have to continue." He suggested.

"Do you want me to leave or something?" I asked.

"No!" He defended. "I told you why, and I meant it. I just want to try. Aren't you at least a little curious?"

I guess I kind of was. We haven't been separated for longer than a week. Ever. And distance always does bring us closer.

"So like, no texting? No calling?" I asked.

"No, of course we can."

"This is a really weird idea." I said. "Like, I don't understand the reasoning." I folded my arms.

"I read it on an article. There's a bunch of engaged couples that do this. It's like a chance to be on your own and think of things, and you get a taste of what it's like to be away from each other when you're obviously way deep in love." He said.

I shrugged. "As long as that's the truth and you're not going to go off and go kiss some other girls or something."

He laughed. "No, that's definitely not the point of this."

"I guess I could stay with Barb. This is just weird to me, still."

"It's just an idea. We don't have to." He shrugged again.

"I'm up for it as long as you're not gonna pull any shit." I said.

He chuckled. "There's no shit to pull."

"True. Because if there was, you'd pull it." I laughed.

I guess a few weeks to myself would be nice, especially considering that I don't have too much planned for these next few weeks- working wise. I could just meditate everyday or something.

But 2 weeks? Without Jack? This should be interesting.