12. LOOK AT MY DAUGHTER!

Paige and Jack came back about 20 minutes later, awkwardly walking in and not making eye contact with me.

Paige's POV:

"I'm going to go home real quick." I said, grabbing my purse. I made eye contact with Jack J. He nodded.

I hurriedly rushed out of the room and began walking downstairs. I didn't take the elevator because I didn't want to stop moving.

I power-walked through the doors and out of the hospital, not even remembering where the hell I parked. I scrambled through the parking lot, with Jack J on my mind.

I was looking to the far left when I accidentally ran into someone.

"Oh sorr-" I looked at Nash.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hi! Are you coming to see Jack?" I asked. He ran his fingers through his long hair.

"Oh, no, I'm here for a doctors appointment? What happened to Jack? Gilinsky?"

"No.. Johnson. He got shot."

Nash widened his eyes. "What?! Is he alright?!"

I nodded. "He's fine, but I don't think he wants anyone to know. It was in our neighborhood.. So we're moving now I guess." I said.

"Holy shit." He shook his head. "Where's he at?"

"Room 123. He probably won't care if you visit." I said.

"Yeah, I'll definitely go in there. Where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm just gonna go home and take a shower. I spent the night here with Jack."

"Alright.. Nice running into you."

He smiled. His bright blue eyes stared into mine, and I couldn't help but think about when I went to his house that one day. His eyes were bloodshot, and he admitted to seeing Ava just like I had. I haven't found the right time to tell him that she's alive. Not here in this parking lot, I know that. I was also skeptical about what Ava had said to me.. That Nash and Cameron were after her.. Of course I didn't believe her. But it's in the back of my mind. Always.

"Nice running into you too. Let's hangout soon." I smiled.

"Alright." He nodded, tucking his lips in his mouth for a moment. "See ya." He waved.

"Bye!" I waved back, walking past him and to the left. I don't even know if that's where I parked, but I didn't want to look like an idiot. Finally, I spotted my car.

Soon, I was pulling up to the house. I looked at where all the commotion happened. Jack was right; we need to move. I get horrible feelings knowing what's happened here. Don't get me wrong, we have a nice house, but we live around scenes of crime.

I parked the car and went into the house. Before I could even set my bag down on the counter, my phone was vibrating. I took it out of my purse and answered.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey! What's going on?" My dad spoke.

"Hey! Just at home, getting ready to shower." I said. "What's going on with you?"

"Oh, just at the beauty store with your mom. Looking at a giant picture of you." He laughed.

"Really?!" I laughed. "Which campaign?"

"It's for the gel nails thing or whatever the heck that is. Your mom is telling everyone in the store that your her daughter and now she's taking a bunch of pictures of it."

I laughed, just imagining the situation.

"Look, that's my daughter." I heard my mom say in the background.

"I'm going to have to drag her out of here on a leash. She did the same thing when we saw you on a Maybelline poster in Walmart."

"I can just imagine it." I said. "Hang in there, dad."

He laughed. "Well I was just calling you to see how things were going. Everything okay with the Jacks?" He asked.

I hesitated. "Uh, yep! We're thinking about looking at a new house tomorrow. Just need something new." I said.

"Wow, you'll have to tell me how that goes. Anywhere in mind?"

"Jack showed me a picture of something, I don't know where it is but we have an appointment tomorrow to go look at it!"

"That's great. Well I'm glad things are going okay. I'm going to have to let you go, your mother is going to get kicked out of here."

I laughed again. "Okay, I'll let you handle that."

"Alright, talk to you later Paige."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone, smiling at those two. I clicked on my messages, seeing a new one from Madison Beer. Why is she texting me? I opened it.

Hey Paige. Can we have lunch or dinner together? I know you might be busy, but i think we should talk. I have something to tell you.. Something to confess. Try to get back to me soon, xx Madison

I squinted at the text. Something to confess?