3. Huh..dorms?

I went inside the school with my bag's straps around my shoulders.

Oh my, that place was large. Too large. Like, mega mansion type of large.

It also turns out, I was right on time cause, there was utter chaos in the hallways. A bunch, probably hundreds, of students were running towards their dorms and classes.

I took a sheet of paper from my bag and looked over it. It was the order of my classes and my timings. The classes I had were: magic, potion making, history, flying practice and lastly, self-defense training.

Flying practice?! Heh, I'm excited for that now.

I looked up at the top of the list and saw that my first lesson was potion making.

Potion making? Does that basically mean I get to mix a bunch of weird stuff like unicorn fur and fairy dust until I get a magic potion thingy?

I don't know really. But, I'm looking forward to it.

Hey, school may be fun after all.

Though, I'm still not happy about my mom basically disowning me and sending me to these school people, teachers, was it? I think that's what they were called?

Anyway, I read the very top of my list and in the very corner, it wrote, 'Make sure to go and check your dorms or else, dear children.'

I shuddered. Was it bad that I felt terrified from whoever wrote that?

...cause... that's just terrifyingly weird.

I rushed towards the dorms areas. The thing was, I didn't know where they were. But, no problem cause, I just followed a girl who was in front of me.

From what I could see from behind her, she had aqua hair. Ah, how I would love to have hair like hers.

Anyway, I followed her until she reached her dorm and she went in the dorm room, while I checked if my name was on the list of that room. We had dorm room partners, at least that's what it said on the sheet of instructions.

I scrolled down the sheet of names.

"Juliane Maynard, room#11.
Olive Green, room#11.
Eshmal Kira, room#9.
Holly Pohan, room#9.
Leia Maynard, room#10.
Akari Maynard, room#10.
Kenji Nalr, room#12.
Astrid Layts, room#12"-I read as I stopped suddenly and spotted my name. I was sharing a dorm with a person named 'Kenji'.

Oh well, okay. I wonder how she's like. I looked at the door that the girl who I had followed had went into. I read the door number and saw that it wasn't room twelve. It was room ten.

I walked away from the door and walked through the long, chaotic hallway as many students also tried to find their dorms. I kept looking at each of the door numbers, searching for my room door, room twelve.

Fifteen minutes later~

I finally found my dorm room. It was at the end of the hallway. The end. Are you kidding me?! Just put it with room nine, ten and eleven! I have to walk to the END of this extremely long hallway, just to get to my dorm.

Hey, at least I'll get a workout. That's the good part, I think?

I panted and sighed and knelt down in exhaustion. Saying I was tired, was an understatement. I was mentally and physically exhausted and I felt like five of my ribs were broken. Okay, maybe not broken. But abused and tortured!

Hey, that hurt me like... a ton! The walk, not my ribs.

Anyway, I quickly opened the door of my dorm and I ran to bed as if it was my savior or something.

I jumped on my bed and saw a bed next to mine. They were separated, duh.

I didn't see any other bag besides mine in the room, so I assumed my roommate hadn't come yet.

While I was relaxing on my bed, I noticed how big and modern the dorm looked. This was an elite school but it wasn't that elite, was it? Yes, it was that elite.

The dorm was like a mini mansion on one floor. You know, maybe I'm not so mad about me having to walk millions of miles to come here anymore.

I closed my eyes and relaxed on my bed. Ah...so this is what alone time felt like. I've basically never been alone cause of paparazzi chasing me all the time.

Even when I'm at home, they must've somehow gotten my location and they now surround my room every night and day! What is seriously wrong with them?!

Well, at least now they won't be able to get me. I'll be living in my dorm until I'm done with school.
I really hope mom hasn't told them my location. Mom, if you did or do, you won't be having a good future. Or you may not be having a future at all...

I laughed maniacally. No, I was not an evil mad-man scientist. I'm just a random fourteen-year-old daughter who's just really good at using magic cause I was trained by a trainer when I was small. I think my sword skills are rough now. I don't do good with swords anymore.

I was pent up on my bed, thinking about random things that will probably never happen.

Suddenly, the door opened. I think it was my dorm mate. I got up and rushed towards the door to help them bring their bag in.

When I got towards the door, I saw that she was reading the list to see if she was in this room.

"Yes, you are here. You don't need to check the list, Kenji" I said.

She nodded and walked in. I couldn't see her face clearly but when she came in, I realized, she wasn't a she! He was a he! Basically, he wasn't female, he was male! I was dorm mates with a male?!

I stood there, staring blankly at him.

"You're male..?" I asked stupidly. Of course he was male. What type of question was that?!

"Erm.. yeah? And?" He replied blankly, his expression not changing.

I shook my head and noticed that he was a lot more taller than me. For your information, I am 5'2.

"How tall are you...?" I asked stupidly, again. I wanted to slap myself.

"I'm 5'9." He replied, putting his bag next to his bed.

Oh... so he was way taller than me.

I got closer to him and noticed his face and it's...... beauty? He was pretty beautiful? Wait, I mean handsome. I still can't get used to the fact that he's male and not female.

I was having more of my stupid thoughts and I was talking to myself like an idiot while he was staring at me with his expressionless face.

I facepalmed and sighed. I asked myself the question that I always asked myself because I always related to it...

....why am I an idiot?!

__________________________________________________________________

Hey amazing people!! I decided to add a male character into the story! Kenji is his name (I will soon make character descriptions for most of the characters soon)

Also, what do you think'll happen next?
(None of these will affect the plot cause I've already got the plot for the next chapters already)
a) Astrid will fall in love with him
b) Astrid hates him
c) both a and b
d) Astrid tries becoming friends with him
e) she thinks of him as a normal person.
Anyway, bye! Stay amazing!

-1255 words-