7. Little brother

I ran away from there at the speed of light.

Kenji is really annoying. I can't believe I have to spend the rest of my school life with him!

I ran outside, away from the cafeteria. There was a large garden and in the center was a small fountain which was surrounded by many flowers.

I walked through the large garden filled with many trees and lots of plants. It was relaxing.

I closed my eyes and let nature guide me. Maybe I shouldn't have though.

Cause in the next few moments, I crashed into a tree and fell down. Ouch.

That was painful, really painful. I think I have three broken bones now. Okay, maybe not. But still.

"Ouch. You stupid tree!" I mumbled as I rubbed my hurting head.

"I'm not sorry, Astrat." The tree spoke. Wait..THE TREE SPOKE?!

I looked up to see the tree moving slightly and it was...talking? Trees don't talk, right? Am I delusional or mental or something?!

"Oh come on! Does everyone now know that stupid nickname that the stupid idiot Kenji gave me?!" I screamed at the tree.

I was either stupid or just really imaginative to be talking to a tree.

"Yeah, everyone knows! And there's no way to go back, Astrat" the tree chuckled.

"Hmph..stupid tree!"

"My name isn't 'stupid tree', it's Leo."

"W-WHAT?! A tree...HAS A NAME?!"

"Nope." the tree chuckled.

Suddenly, a tall boy with crimson hair and golden eyes came out from behind the tree. He was wearing the boys' school uniform; which was a buttoned shirt, a navy blazer and black pants.

"But I do." the tre- I mean, Leo said with a smirk.

I screamed. I didn't know what to do. So I screamed.

"YOU- OH MY GOSH! THE TREE IS ALIVE IN HUMAN FORM!" I screamed as I scooted away from the rather good-looking but mortifying boy standing in front of me.

"I'm not a tree, Astrat. I'm Leo, a human, Leo Nalr."

"Wait..Nalr? Are you related to Kenji?"

"Yeah, I'm his little brother."

"He..has a little brother?! That's even worse! Please, tell me you aren't like him!"

"No, he's stupid and I pretty much hate him. He's just 15 and a year older than me yet he acts like he's the boss of me. Pfft...he's not."

"I know right! He's so annoying and he even accused me of almost falling in love with him! And I'm not in love with him" I pouted while crossing my arms on the grass.

Leo smiled silently as he stared at me pouting.

"What were you doing here anyway?"

"I ran away from your brother a few minutes ago after I punched him because he kissed my hand. I just came here for a nice, calming walk. Until I met you." I mumbled.

"I also came here for a walk. There's this girl who's obsessed with me. I think her name is...Juliane ? Do you know her?"

My eyes widened. Juliane?..Juliane Maynard?? The mean bully who bullied her sister and my my new best friend's older sister?

"I know her. She's my best friend's older sister and is just like your brother. She is bratty, annoying, mean and literally acts like she rules the world." I rolled my eyes.