8. A mistake

Leo's POV:

I loved this girl.

Hah..no. I don't.

I was arguing in my head as she stared at me weirdly.

"Something..wrong?" She asked me, cocking her head to the side.

I put my arm behind my head and scratched it. I chuckled. Nervously.

"Haha...no, I'm fine, Astrat" I replied, expecting her to get mad at me for calling her the stupid nickname that my stupid brother gave her.

"Hey! Don't call me that!" She pouted adorably.

I smiled.

"We're friends?" I asked her. It was a random question that just suddenly popped into my mind.

"Hmm..." she leaned slightly back as she thought. "....yeah" she smiled.

"Then you're Astrat, my friend" I grinned.

"I'm Astrid. Not Astrat. I'm not even a rat!"

She nudged my shoulder and I felt my face go slightly red.

Her face suddenly got a worried expression.

"Do you have a fever..? Here, let me check!" She spoke as she went on her tip-toes and places her hand on my forehead, checking my temperature.

She's so short. I love it. (A/N: Leo's 5'6, just so y'all know)

"I don't have a fever" I mumbled as I felt my face getting redder as she got closer. Was she stupid? Could she not see that she was getting really close to me? Wait..was she..worried....about..me? I smiled. She really was a stupid girl. And I love this stupid girl.

"Why are you smiling idiot?! You're face is so red it looks like you have ten fevers at once! I really think you're sick!"

She shook me by my shoulders.

"Stop!" I yelled at her. I couldn't let her know the real reason behind my red face. "I'm not sick."

"Oh..sorry then." She shrugged and acted as if nothing had just happened.

I saw her from the halls since this morning. It's a shame I'm not her dorm mate. Now my brother gets all the fun.

She backed away from me and looked at the Pollies that were on the ground. There were tons of them.

I looked up and noticed that we were at the center of the garden, with the fountain.

I had already been here before but with her, it felt more magical.

"Hey...this is random but.." she suddenly speaks and breaks the beautiful silence. ".....Do you want to spar with me?"

"Spar..? Oh, sword fighting? Sure. But don't underestimate me, I'm way better than you think." I smirked.

She suddenly disappeared after she nodded her head. She soon returned with two wooden swords.

I was standing confused. Where did she go? How did she- oh..right. There's magic. I forgot. But what magic did she use to do that?

"What was that?"

"Oh, me disappearing? I just used my teleportation magic to go to the self-defense training room and grab these two swords." She said it as if it were nothing. Doesn't she know that teleportation magic is legendary?

She threw a sword to me.

"Let's start!" She grinned.

"Sure!"

Astrid's POV:

We started the sparring round and I swiftly went behind him and hit his back with my sword.

He dodged it by going down.

I then quickly but safely ran towards him and as I was running, he tried hitting me, but I dodged it and went down, hitting his stomach, making him fall.

I won.

He was rubbing his sore stomach as he groaned.

"What was all that talk about underestimating you? Hah" I grinned at him.

Suddenly, his face turned red. I'm seriously thinking that idiot has a fever.

He sat on the ground with his face red as I leaned down to help him.

"Was that too hard?" I smirked. He was confident and now..I crushed him.

"Nah..I just..ugh fine- you won." He grunted.

I laughed.

Suddenly, he glanced at my lavender hair and violet eyes and his eyes widened.

"You're Astrid Layts, right?"

"Yeah...I am, why?"

Leo's POV (A/N: yes I keep switching) :

I suddenly glanced at her lavender hair and violet eyes.

I had never noticed them. I was such an idiot.

I knew this girl. From way long ago. Well, not her. But...

...Her sister.

Her sister was my savior. She was two years older than me and she used to help me when my parents and brother didn't.

She had the same lavender hair and violet eyes as Astrid. I was two at the time when I met her.

Of course Astrid doesn't remember her older sister. She used to live with her father.

My eyes widened as I remembered horrible flashbacks from the past.

"You good?" Astrid asked as she cocked her head.

I didn't reply. I couldn't reply. I needed to get away from this girl. I couldn't do the same thing that I did before.

I'm scared. What if I go crazy again? I was only three at the time when it happened.

I can't tell her. I can't tell Astrid.

I can't tell Astrid that I...

...Killed her sister, ...

...Lumari Layts.

—————————————

-846 words-