Chapter 5

The following days, my everyday life became more normal again

The following days, my everyday life became more normal again. In the mornings I practiced sound manipulation with Austin, which usually ended in a jam session, me playing the guitar or the keyboard and him on saxophone or the drums.

During the day I gave archery lessons with Kayla, normally she doesn't need me because of her powers, but Chiron said a 10 years old is still too young to lead a whole lesson. I always let her do her thing and sit next to her with my drawing book. One day, Percy came with Chiron and Kayla had to use her powers for the first time since she came back.
Okay, Percy warned us that it won't end well and when the arrow flew towards some campers, Kayla manipulated it towards the target.

I haven't laughed as hard as I did at that moment in a long time. "I guess that means we're not siblings Perc" I shouted to him. When he saw who shouted that, he just stuck his tongue out at me and ran off with a suppressed smile, which I noticed.

According to Kayla's look, Will will hear about this story. In the afternoon, I gave personal sword and dagger lessons, and then we had dinner.

Time Skip

On Thursday evening, Percy came to see me, so I could take one last look at his wounds.
As I started to clean them, he told me all the things he had tried, but nothing worked except kayaking. I smiled, and by now I was very sure who Percy's father was.

"Today was your first sword training, wasn't it?" he nodded, "How did it go?"
"Not so good at first, somehow there was no good sword, it was either too heavy or too light. But after a break, I managed to disarm Luke in front of everyone." he explained proudly. I looked at him in surprise. "You disarmed Luke? Woah..."

"You also teach sword fighting, how do I find a suitable sword?" I looked at him for a while and thought about my answer.
"There are two ways to find the perfect weapon, either you get it as a gift from a god or you ask the Hephaestus Cabin to craft one for you. I can ask Charlie, the head counselor, but it won't be ready for capture the flag." "How did you get yours?"
I took my ring off my finger, it has a gold band with a sun on it. As I turned the sun, the ring grew and my sword dagger appeared in my hand. The handle was made of leather, while the blade was not made of bronze as usual but of gold and decorated with a sun.
"When I was younger and was attacked by a hellhound in a subway tunnel, my dad sent me this weapon."
"Woah... Why is it golden?"
"I don't know, Chiron says it works just as well as celestial bronze and that I shouldn't worry about it." I turned it back to the ring.

"So to the last part of your treatments. Since you find Demigod powers so exciting, I'll skip the protocol."
He looked at me in amazement as I placed my hands over the wound on his biceps.
I started to sing the hymn to my father and my hands began to glow. When I took them away, the last of the wound was gone.