Chapter 7

How am I supposed to pack everything in 10 minutes? Okay, under normal circumstances it would have been possible, but not with my siblings

Okay, under normal circumstances it would have been possible, but not with my siblings.
"Can I have your guitar if you don't come back?" shouted Austin. "Have you packed bandages ", "are you sure Chiron hasn't mistaken you". I tuned them all out and put my bag on.
"I'm already way too late because of you" I looked at them all, but that didn't change the fact that they hugged me again.
As I was leaving I heard Kayla whisper something and without my powers I would never have heard it.
"Please don't die".

As I ran towards the hill, the others were already standing there ready to leave. Great.
We waved goodbye to the other campers, took one last look at the strawberry fields, the ocean and the main house, then hiked up Half-Blood Hill to the tall pine tree.
Thalia, I would like to know what she would think of all this.

Chiron was waiting for us in his wheelchair.
"This is Argus," said Chiron. "He'll drive you to the State and, uh, keep an eye on everything..."
Funny.
I heard footsteps behind us.
Luke and Lee came running up the hill, Luke holding a pair of basketball shoes.
"Hold it," he gasped. "Good thing I caught you guys."
Annabeth blushed, as she always did when Luke was around.
"Just wanted to wish you well," Luke said to us. "And I thought, well ... maybe you could do something with this."
He handed Percy his father's shoes.
Luke said, "Maia."
White wings sprouted from the heels, surprising Percy so much that he let go of the shoes.
They fluttered around on the ground, then the wings folded up and disappeared.
"Remarkable," Grover said.
Luke smiled. "They helped me a lot on my assignment. Gift from my old man. I don't use them much at the moment, of course ..." His face looked sad, as it usually did since his mission...

"Oh man," Percy said. "Thanks."
"Listen, Percy." Luke didn't seem comfortable in his skin.
"You've got such high hopes for yourself. So... Kill some monsters for me, will you?"
They held out their hands. Luke stroked Grover's head between his horns, then hugged Annabeth, who seemed on the verge of fainting.
Finally, he hugged me, "I know you can do it," he whispered in my ear.
Then Lee came to me, grabbed me by the shoulders and spoke so quietly that only I could hear him, "Listen to your instincts Lea, I know you don't believe it, but Dad will help you in his way. Trust me, trust him."

When Luke and Lee had disappeared, Percy said to Annie: "You're hyperventilating."
"I'm not."
"You let him win at capture the flag, didn't you?"
"Jesus ... why do I even want to go anywhere with you, Percy?"
She took my hand, and we ran down the hill on the other side. There was a white SUV waiting at the bottom of the road.
"He's right," I said teasingly. "You're not allowed to talk until you stop blushing every time that seaweed brain smiles at you."
Shit.

I didn't feel anything like that for Percy, I think.
Ok he looks good, but there are other things that are more important than looks.
Besides, I don't have time to think about that right now.

"He gave Grover the shoes" Annie remarked. As I followed her gaze, all I saw was Chiron handing Percy a pen.

Time Skip