𝙞.

𝗶. 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗵𝗶𝗴𝗵𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀

The day was terribly gloomy, a perfect metaphor for Nabi's attitude she supposed. The clouds concealed the brightness of day and the wind brought a chill to anyone who dared face it. No, it wasn't like the concept of seasons was new for the girl but winter tended to bring some sort of bitterness along with it amid the holiday festivities. She questioned how people could be so cheery and happy in such conditions.

Her heels clicked on the ground as she walked which sent a warning to the employees whom she simply brushed past. Not one of them had ever held a genuine conversation with her but her chronic resting bitch face proved to be sufficient in driving them far away.

Ever since she was a child Nabi never really was able to keep people around her so she was used to the solidarity. Instead of trying to change it, the girl figured she would just make peace with it. In fact, her road to self-acceptance may be the reason why she even has friends in the first place. If she had stayed as negative as she was in her youth, there was no way in hell her assistants would have stuck by her.

She paused in front of a large black door before using her ID to open it. Nabi's office was originally very plain and modern, but with the power of money and extremely tasteful friends, the space had been completely transformed. The cold and eerie vibe had been replaced for one of coziness. She was pretty proud of the space, to say the least.

Nabi made her way to the sofa which sat opposite the wall-length windows overlooking Seoul.

If she was going to get any work done, then it would have to be away from that burdening desk which reminded her of what her life had come to. It wasn't so much the desk because the one she had chosen was quite pretty, but it was instead the authority she felt as she sat at it. Nabi had never wanted to be here, but her brother had and that was enough for her parents to pour her entire college fund into this leaving her with no choice.

Suddenly the sound of the door opening and closing rang throughout the office space. "Good morning!" Upon hearing the exclamation Nabi shifted her body towards the entrance and was met with the face of Hyeri, one of her two assistants. She adjusted her blazer before waving.

"Hey Ri," Nabi's tone was almost opposite to her co-worker's who managed to always be cheery despite the early hour.

Today the assistant was sporting something a bit more relaxed than her usual and Nabi figured it was due to the weather. Who would willingly dress up if everyone would be too somber to appreciate and compliment it? It seemed they both had the same idea today.

The brunette threw herself in the desk chair her co-worker had been trying to avoid and quickly made herself at home. At this point, her assistants probably occupied that chair more than she did.

"Wait, Ri, where the hell is Kenji? Normally he walks in right behind you?" Nabi questioned the girl as she twirled her hair. The three had become extremely close since they had met two years ago and over time the difference in titles seemed to not matter much between them. They felt more comfortable treating each other as friends anyway and about a year ago their friendship started stemming beyond the office. Often the three would get dinner after work or meet up on the weekends much to the likes of Nabi who feared she would never leave her home if not for the two.

Hyeri paused for a moment but then jolted out of her seat as if an epiphany had come to her. "Oh!" She exclaimed.

"He's picking up the portfolios for the New Year line! You have to actually be productive today remember?" Hyeri snickered as Nabi let out a groan of laziness. She truly didn't understand why the brand was so adamant about spending money to launch new items just to commemorate the beginning of the year instead of simply giving the customers some rip-off sale like most companies did. From the view of the consumer she would most like the second option anyway but at the end of the day Nabi didn't care enough to argue.