𝙭𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞.

𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶. 𝗴𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗽

Nabi hadn't managed to survive this long in such a cut-throat industry by being stupid; she knew exactly who Jeonghan was. Firstly, his face had to be crafted by the gods, and his confident strides couldn't possibly be those of a mere nobody. If he wasn't from Seventeen, then he was a celebrity at the very least.

The girl smiled, a bitterness in her expression. "Well I'm pretty sure my move back there isn't really gonna get me a second chance." Despite his status, Jeonghan was surprisingly a good person to talk to. She needed comfort and without her best friends at her side, she would take any opportunity to vent.

"Ey~, you guys clearly liked each other though, I'm sure things haven't completely gone to ruin." The boy discreetly checked his watch, noticing the half hour that had already passed as he sat with Nabi. He was 100% certain that if he dabbled any longer his members would send an entire search party. Jeonghan was one of the hosts, wasn't he? And a party so extravagant can't survive without its most charismatic host.

Nabi sighed, moving her gaze toward the plentiful flower beds that sat in front of them. "He wants me to delete his number." She chuckled lightly. "I don't think there's much going back. However, I think I just need to learn to be content with that. He would be much better off with someone of his status anyway." Jeonghan had already reassured her multiple times and figured that simply denying Nabi's claims again wouldn't bring them anywhere.

"Well then, I hope you grow to feel content with that." He concluded, a small smile on his lips. He uncrossed his legs and stood up. As much as Nabi would have enjoyed to continue talking with Jeonghan, she knew better than to get involved with him any further than she had. Just as quickly as the boy had come into her life, he would leave...right?

"Thanks for listening, Jeonghan." Nabi smiled, however, hers was more genuine than the boy's.

"No problem." The two slowly walked their way toward the exit of the lovely garden. She wasn't sure when she would see the lovely view—or the man—and quickly her steps became bittersweet.

Jeonghan walked about three steps ahead of her, a confident aura practically radiating off of him. Well damn if he wasn't famous then it was stupid for no company to pick him up.

Suddenly, as if compelled by intuition, Jeonghan hastily turned around. "Could I actually get your number? Just in case you want to talk again." Even the vocalist himself wasn't sure why he did what he did. Was he batshit crazy? It wasn't like he truthfully had a crush on her or anything, so why?

Nabi too was incredibly puzzled. However her confusion lay more so in the fact that she had just vented to the boy about how she could never be with Hansol due to his status, yet here Jeonghan was.

"I- uh, sure? But aren't you famous or something?" She blurted, subconsciously following the guy as he maneuvered himself inside the ballroom. A few eyes confusedly gazed her way yet Nabi nor the idol seemed to pick it up. Well to be fair, the Jeonghan of Seventeen was talking to a non-celebrity girl—a pretty one at that.

Jeonghan almost choked at Nabi's words but managed to suppress his further shock. "How'd you know?" He asked, genuine confusion etched on his face.

The girl chuckled, turning to fully face him after snatching a dessert from one of the passing waiters. "Oh please, you 100% look the part. You were way too confident to be a nobody." She explained, a glint of amusement in her eyes. Momentarily, she had forgotten about Hansol, allowing the ambiance of their conversation to overtake her.

Jeonghan smiled. "Guess I gotta polish my skills huh?"

"That or you could be honest, however, I'm getting a sense that's not how you roll."