Chapter 15

Wednesday January 25, 1846

During the last two days, Pilguez had never stopped trying to contact me, he was wandering around the neighborhood like a stray dog ​​looking for food.
If he was indeed the madman who had organized all these murders I could indeed worry about being next on his list.

Perhaps I will never understand what pushed him to do this, but I had to prevent him from doing it again.
It didn't matter if he just wanted to prove his delusions about monsters and werewolves.

How to understand such a thing.

I need proof that it was him either way, but I saw no other option than him being the murderer.
So let him roam around me if he wants.

A sigh escaped.

I sink into my chair on the verge of despair.

I had no more time to waste, no more place to make mistakes.
If my informations were true, the next murder should take place next month.

The 5th of next month will have a full moon which gives me eleven days to find something to stop it.

A faint vintage floral smell suddenly in the air.

I had, unsurprisingly, no flowers in my entire apartment, and it's not in the middle of January that I would feel a floral breeze.

By the time I finished my reflection, there was a knock on the door.
So I sat up wondering who it could be, hoping that it wasn't that damn journalist.
Upon opening I discovered the smiling face of Sunoo who immediately entered inside without waiting.

- What are you doing there? Is everything alright?

I closed the door and turned back to see him placing a flowers bouquet on my desk.

- No, I got no problem. But when I woke up this morning I thought "Why not passing by" since i got the address now and I'm sure that this place lack of joy so I bought flowers! And I was right to do so.

He looked at me proudly pointing his fingers at the flowers.

- Ah. So that was the smell.
- The smell? You don't like it? These are Wolfsbane. I thought they were pretty and they fit the concept, and they are toxic for werewolf and other carnivore animals, you'll be safe as long as you take care of them!
- There are no wolf.

He turned and took the fur ball on my desk.

- Are you sure about that?
- Put it down.
- You have a dog?
- I dont.
- So what is that?
- A proof.

He put the fur down and took the time to visit entirely the place.
He looked through all my shelves, I stayed there arms crossed on my chest waiting for him to be done.

- Sunghoon? Can I ask you a question?
- I can't guarantee an answer.
- Of course.

He smiled and sat down in my armchair.

- Don't frown like that Mr.Park you will get wrinkles.
- What is the question.

He became serious again and straightened himself.

- Last time at the café, you told me that your mom couldn't teaches you anything, can I ask what happened to her?

I was really surprised by that question, I think it even showed on my face.

- I don't know, I never met my parents, I was raised in an orphanage.
- Oh, really? Im sure your parents would be proud of what you've made in your life.
- Maybe, maybe not.
- Oh Sunghoon Park! You only have two emotions, judgment and contempt!
- That's not true.
- I know.

He shut for a moment to continue his observation.

- A second question.
- The last one.
- Promise.
- Im listening.
- Why did you choose that job? If you don't even believe in what you chase.
- It's not an interesting story.
- I still want to know. You not really interesting neither and I'm still there.
- Is that really what you think?
- No.

I came to land on my desk, giving my back to my intruder.

- It's simple, in the orphanage where I lived, there was a lot of ghost stories, and because I wasn't afraid I was always the one sent to check on it. I grew holder and it stayed, it became my reputation then my job.
- So you really do that since forever.

He started to giggle and continued.

- I find it adorable, you really do that for others mind conscience and not for money, that is cute.
- If you're done now, I'll ask you to leave, I need to get my work done.
- Yes yes I'm going.

He walked to the door, saluted me and he left.
I got back to my work.

But only a few seconds later my concentration goes away again.
The flowers smell perturbed me to much, how does flowers could smell so much.

I choose to get them away, to place them on a shelf instead.
I grabbed the vase, one of the leaf touched my hand I let it go to the ground.
A pain like a strong burn leaked into my whole hand.
I stayed still not knowing how to react.

I think I'll have to buy a new vase and to note about a new allergy.