Chapter 3

Trinity pulled up at Brandon's diner and sat for a moment in her car. She continued to reflect and realized being with Joseph was a huge mistake. Her feelings did not run as deep as his and eventually she broke up with him encouraging him to move on. It was surprising to her he wanted her for the long run and proposed marriage. Trinity did not want to get box in and wanted a college education. Joseph's family was already established in their family business and Trinity did not see where she could fit in.

She pulled herself away from her past and went in the diner looking for her friend Elijah. Their eyes met quickly and she sent a huge smile his way making his heart beat rapidly. He patted the seat next to him and she eagerly sat next to him. She greeted him with a warm hug that melted his heart and made his legs feel like butter under her touch. As he held her briefly, he immediately became intoxicated by the coconut oil in her hair and the sweet fragrance she wore. Trinity always looked good and smelled amazing. Isaiah words began to beat at his subconscious mind. How could he be so close to her when his heart loved her so much.

"You look nice," she said admiring his suit. "You look beautiful yourself," Elijah said. "Thank you," Trinity beamed. "Have you ordered yet?" she asked with bright brown eyes. "Yes," he smiled knowing her like an open book. "The veggie burger with everything, mushroom, onions, etc. sweet potato fries and lemonade," he announced proudly. Trinity grinned in delight that he ordered her exactly what she was craving for. "Elijah, how would I survive without you. You know me so well, my life saver," she stated.

Elijah smiled and nodded in agreement. Trinity meant everything to him. They conversated about work and the current relationships in their lives. "So, how are things with you and Hope?" Trinity asked praying her friend had finally met the woman of his dreams.

"Everything is going well," Elijah said. "What a well of enthusiasm," Trintiy teased. Elijah had not settled down making her concerned. She was concerned that this handsome, successful, bachelor did not find the woman of his dreams.

"I can see that Hope is crazy about you," Trinity stated. "We are dating and getting to know and learn more about each other," Elijah admitted. "That's wonderful," Trinity said. "You deserve love and happiness," she continued. Elijah reached over and held her hands. "We both deserve love and happiness," he said looking into her eyes.

Trinity nodded her head trying not to get teary eyed. She knew Elijah could tell when she got emotional about her past. After everything that happened with Joseph, she went off to college and avoided the dating scene for a very long time. When she started her career, she focused on God and her family. At the age of twenty-five, she finally opened up to Joshua Martin. He was an upcoming journalist like herself and they worked together at The Star.

Trinity promised to be celibate until marriage and she was happy Joshua agreed to wait. He was articulate, handsome, compassionate and strong Caucasian man who Trinity admired. She had fallen in love with him after opening her heart and truly thought she had found the one.

But everything changed when she arrived at his apartment unexpectantly. She met him with another woman. Trinity was hurt and devasted. Joshua tried everything to win her back, asked for forgiveness and regretted cheating on her. But Trinity did not give in.

Elijah knew that she was thinking about her past. He wanted to bring her back to reality. "Your past is your past," he indicated. "So....... How are things progressing with you and Daniel?" he continued.

"It's new and I am taking it slowly," she admitted. Elijah had met Daniel briefly and felt he came across too smooth and perfect. The last thing he wanted was another guy breaking Trinity's heart.

"What do you think about it?" she asked watching him closely and knowing his mannerisms as well.

"Just be careful Trinity. You don't know enough about him and I don't want you getting hurt," he confessed. "Always my protector," she said appreciating his advice. "Trintiy, you are beautiful, intelligent and kind. You love and give so easily. These men don't deserve you. You deserve so much more," he announced.

Trinity smiled at her friend. "That is so sweet of you to say," she beamed. "But Mister you need to take some of your own advice. Women find you irresistible. You are generous and just as amazing. It is time to give someone a try," Trinity advised.

Elijah looked at her and wished one day she would really see him and his true feelings for her. How long could he wait for her to notice what was standing right in front of her. He had admired her, loved her and cherished her with everything in him. But Trinity never saw him other than her friend and he was growing weary of waiting.

"Maybe one day I will finally give someone a chance," he admitted. "Yes, and I will be rooting for you all the way," she said. "Room for dessert?" she said winking her eye at him. Elijah nodded and knew only Trinity could get him to enjoy a sweet treat sometimes. He loved sharing and being closed to her. At this point he knew that he always wanted to be a part of her life somehow.

"Mom," Trinity said inhaling the freshly baked cookies and muffins on the counter. "Mom," she continued walking towards the backyard. Trinity stood speechless watching her mother giggling and flirting with her neighbor Mr. Samson Perez. Trinity stood behind the rose bushes spying on her mother silently giggling at the two lovebirds. Mr. Perez, a handsome Hispanic had always fancied her mother. The last two years they had become close and Trinity loved that her mother was opened to something new. He had been a widower for years and was active in the church along with her mother. Trinity's mom was a beautiful fifty-three- year-old who had closed herself off to love far too long. Trinity was hoping this relationship blossomed into something long lasting between the old friends.

Hannah Preston looked up into the eyes of her mischievous daughter watching her from behind the rose bushes. She laughed at her daughter seeing her eyes sparkle with delight.

"Samson, I will see you later for dinner," she told him. "I can't wait," he said enthusiastically kissing her gently on the cheeks. Trinity opened her mouth in awe at the sight to tease her mother. After Samson was gone Hannah folded her arms and called her daughter.

"Trinity, you can come out now my inquisitive daughter," Hannah announced. Hannah headed to the house followed by Trinity. "What was that I saw Hannah Preston?" Trinity continued to tease her mother. "None of your business," Hannah laughed. "I see you and Mr. Perez are getting pretty cozy these days," reaching for a cookie. "Trinity, those are for the church's bake sale," Hannah scolded. "What am I going to do with you?" her mother smiled. "Love me just as much as I love you," she stated reaching for another cookie. Hannah removed it just in time stopping Trinity in her tracks.

Her mother listened attentively as Trinity chatted about her day. The entire time Hannah prayed Trinity would see that Elijah Bradshaw was the man who truly loved her.