Chapter 1

Jaylin (Jay) Azaire Carter

I woke up from my deep sleep to an empty bed. My best friend Lyric had spent the night last night but she was up sliding in her clothes from the day before in the dark now. I drug my hand down my face tiredly and rolled over to check my phone. The time read 3:27AM

"What are you doing Lyric?" I asked her as she slipped her shoes on.

"My boo called, I'm about to go get some dick" she laughed and I yawned. Lyric and I definitely had different senses of humor, she laughed at many things I didn't find funny.

"Shii have fun." I sat up wide awake now reach over to my nightstand for the wood I hadn't finished before going to bed last night. "Lock my door on the way out." I shook my head sparking up. Lyric and I each had our own keys to each other's apartments she used her often but I always feared walking in on her and one of her niggas so I refrained from utilizing mine often.

"Can I hit that?" She asked me. Lyric didn't smoke often. It signified something was wrong or she had the intentions to fuck and at this hour I knew which of the two it was. I passed the wood to her and checked the time again wondering why I was up knowing I had to work a double in 2 hours. I decided to just stay up and get ready. I rolled out of bed putting my house shoes on as she smoked the wood. I collected my clean work uniform and a pair of boxers, a sports bra, and a pair of socks. Lyric passed the wood back to me and I sat on my gaming chair as I hit it. She came over to me waving at me to get up. "Gimme a hug bookie." I stood up giving her a side hug. "What the fuck is that?" She asked poking my side with her long acrylic nails. "I want a real hug" I hit the wood and wrapped my arms around her neck. Her arms snaked around my torso and she lightly dragged her nails across my ribs and back making my hairs stand on end.

"Stop before I make you miss yo dick appointment." I licked my lips and pulled back from the hug.

"You know I'd stay if you told me to." She looked up at me through her lash extensions. I shook my head and waved her off. She left the room and I followed.  She grabbed her purse and I grabbed a towel from the hall closet and my speaker. "You finna shower?" She asked looking at me skeptical.

"Yeah I gotta work soon." I stood and stared as she left "Imma fuck witchu" I nodded at her and locked the door behind her. I entered the bathroom and picked a playlist. I undressed and stepped into the shower taking my time.
I shot qupid
He was bringing' me the wrong love
He was bringin' me the wrong girls
Youngboy blasted through the JBL speaker I had just bought. I did my shower routine before getting out. I moisturized my body and scalp then put my undergarments and cologne on. I slipped on my heavy duty uniform before rolling up and sparking a wood. I listened to Fredo Bang as I smoked waiting for the time to leave to come. 5:30AM rolled around and I gathered my things and the lunch I packed last night before leaving. I always drove my WRX to work it was more convenient. When I arrived I clocked in and prepared myself to work this long day.