Chapter 10

Lyric Amari Diaz

Lyric Amari Diaz

I was at Cams house drunk as fuck with the gang. Well Jay wasn't drunk so I knew who I was riding home with. I was shakin' my ass on Liyah to Stripper Anthem.

Lil momma a stripper, bad bitch bounce that ass
Lil momma got bundles, pussy fat she clapping ass
Soon as she done dancing take them heels off, count this cash
Don't let no hoe play with you in here, bitch get your bag.

I laughed and stood up as Abri pointed another shot in my house. I was feeling good at this point. I Looked around for whoever had a wood but there were none in the living room. I went to the kitchen and saw Jay and Elijah leaning against the counters talking and smoking. When did they get close? I made a face. I didn't like that for some reason. As they talked Jay hit the wood and texted on her phone, part of me wondered if she was talking to that waitress. I approached her.

"Can I hit that?" I asked her and she made a face.

"You smokin heavy na?" She asked and I shook my head. She passed me the wood and I thanked her before turning on my heels and going back to the living room. I could feel both of their eyes on me as I left. "She's drunk as fuck." Elijah said to Jay. I ignored it and hit the wood a couple times before passing it to Aaliyah. We were sitting on the couch while the boys played the game. Eventually Jay and Elijah rejoined us. "I'll be right back I'm finna go to the store." She mumbled.

"I wanna come." Aaliyah, Abriana, and I all said at the same time then we laughed.

"Yall just wanna be like me." Jay squinted and waved us her way before walking through the door. "Yall boys want anything?" She asked them but they were so indulged in the game they didn't reply. Jay get in the drivers seat and I got in the passenger seat and the girl got in the back. We drove to the QT on the corner.

Jay was looking at the drinks when I found her after grabbing myself a snack. The other girls were still getting snacks but I was done. I took a moment to watch Jay before she saw me. She had on a Nike tech with black forces. It was simple but it looked good on her. I approach her pinching her butt which I know she hates.

"Lyric why you playin' with me?" She asked mugging me. I wrapped my arms around her waist looking up at her.

"You look good." I told her as she continued scanning the drinks.

"You think so?" She smirk cockily.

"Yeah and I wanna kiss you." I told her. I knew we were only best friends but now that we've crossed that boundary I crave her touch again. She pecked my lips softly before grabbing a drink. I pouted. That was a lame ass kiss. I grabbed her cheeks and kissed her again.

"Lyric." She said in between the peck kisses I was placing on her lips.

"Y'all are gay." Abri came around the corner and I backed away from Jay and she laughed paying no mind to them. I craved something more with Jay and I didn't know if it was because of the sexual encounter we've had or if I had been hiding it long before. Part of me has always had a crush on Jay but as we're both Leo's and I have don't even like studs I've dismissed it many times. I looked at her. She looked very serious all the time but it's not like that when it's just me and her. She much more giggly and feminine and I loved it. I also loved that she composed herself in public, that she wasn't an emotional wreck. She mushed Abri's head as she walked by to the check out.

"Snacks on me y'all." She mumbled as she pulled her wallet out. We all put our snacks up there. The cashier was slow and was staring at me a majority of the time. He was a tall darkskin man with waves and I can't lie he was handsome for sure. He winked at me and I felt my face heat up. I didn't say anything and neither did he. "Do yo job nigga." Jay snapped at him pulling my attention away from him and onto her. She looked jealous or irritated. I scoffed. She had the nerve to say something when I didn't say anything to the bitch at the restaurant. They went to the car and I stayed back to talk to him just to make her mad. I wasn't interested in him but wanted to see how far she'd go to keep me away from niggas. I wrote my number down on the end piece of scrap receipt paper and slid it back across the counter to him. When I got in the car Jay was fuming and the girls were sitting quietly in the back. She played music and didn't say anything on the ride back to the house. When we got there Liyah and Abri got out. I was about to but Jay hadn't moved yet.

"Are you coming?" I asked her. Souring my words.

"Nah not right now go ahead though." I could tell she was trying not to start something.

"What are you mad for?" I asked her even though I already knew.

"Don't ask me that shit. I ain't mad forget about it." She snapped. I was taken back. Even through the jealousy she had never snapped on me before. I must have really pissed her off. I stayed in the car next to her until she got out. I followed her as she walked in a quick pace.

"Jay wait." I grabbed her arm and she snatched it away and spun on her heels quickly.

"Nah Lyric go talk to that nigga." She spit her words out as if they were laced with venom. My phone dinged and she rolled her eyes. "There he go now. You on his dick bad after you was just kissin' me. Don't even be tryna kiss me if you're finna be weird in front of me. We supposed to be best friends not lovers and you mixin' that shit up. You can't kiss on me then go fuck with another nigga that's sick and since you can't pick I'll pick for you, he can have you." She turned around and went inside. I was too drunk for this. I felt stupid for even joking around like that knowing how Jay is. I knew she wasn't going to talk to me for the rest of the night and I had killed my own mood.