Chapter 11

Jaylin (Jay) Azaire Carter

I was irritated to say the least. I didn't know if I was jealous but I'm sure it was there. Lyric had pissed me off. I wouldn't have cared about bro so much if she hadn't been trying to kiss me moments before giving her number out to random bum niggas. I entered the house leaving her outside and sparked a wood plopping on the couch. The girls were taking shots and had given one to Lyric as soon as she came in. The boys were pretty fucked up too. It was only 7 o'clock and I knew they'd regret how drunk that got in the morning.

By ten, they were all wasted and I excused myself to the bathroom. I didn't need to use it but I was getting overstimulated. I took videos and watched myself do ghosts in the mirror until there was a knock on the door. I rolled my eyes already knowin who it is.

"Whatchu want?" I didn't open the door.

"Open the door." Lyric replied barely able to get the words out. She was way too drunk to be tryna talk and shit. I opened the door and she stumbled in. She wasn't sloppy but you could tell she was fucked up. She was never sloppy, she always looked graceful even when her steps faltered I was never disgusted by her. "I'm sorry Jay." Is all she said when I closed the door. I raised my eyebrows and moved my neck at her, my jaw agape.  She rolled her eyes at my attitude. "You're my best friend and now I can't stop thinking about you in a different way. I don't want to ruin shit or argue with you but I don't want to stop kissing and touching you either." She ranted. I avoided looking at her and just watched the wood as I smoked it. "I only did that at the gas station to make you mad. I don't know if it was because I was drunk and wanted to mess with you or if it was because of how jealous I was when you flirted with the waitress." She paused and I looked at her. "But I'm sorry."

"You done?" I asked. I don't know what that was supposed to mean and I was just confused now. "I shouldn't be bein' territorial we ain't together. You can do whatever you want I'll watch myself. I ain't mad at you but if I'm bein' real with you, fuckin' you just released feelings that I had been holding back. I just wanna stay best friends. I don't want to stop kissing you either I like what we got going on just don't be playin on my top Lyric." I told her. "Ion mind no situationship with you." I shrugged and hit the wood then looked at her. I couldn't read her I didn't understand the conversation we just had. "I'm going home though." I kissed her forehead and squeezed past her. I slipped my shoes on and told everyone bye. I left and got in my car sunshine the wood before pulling off.

Just as I put the car in drive Lyric came out. I knew she was coming to ask if I could give her a ride. At least that's what I had hoped, I didn't want to talk anymore. She opened the door and sat down.

"Will you take me home on your way?" She asked.

"It don't look like your giving me an option." I laughed and she smacked her teeth and rolled her eyes.

"Shut up and take me home." She smushed my head. I don't know why she did it so hard but my head hit the window and make a loud thump. She gasped and cover her mouth then she started laughing. I mugged her  and focused on driving. I could feel her watching me and it made me nervous. "I'm sorry Jay." She emphasized again. And I shook my head.