Chapter 1

Disclaimer

Names, characters, places, businesses, events, and incidents are the products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

___________________________________________________________________________

Leela's POV

"MR TILAK, FORMER ARCHEOLOGIST FOUND DEAD IN HIS FARMHOUSE"

I awoke to the sound of flashing news on TV and slowly opened my eyes to find myself in a hospital ward. I felt powerless and heavy. I discovered my head, hands, and legs all bandaged, preventing me from moving. Nobody was there.

"Former Archaeologist Mr Tilak found dead last night by his wife, his body has been sent to a nearer hospital for postmortem"

The news left me in a state of shock. Hot tears streamed down my cheeks. I attempted to move and successfully stood, but tripped due to my injured leg.

"Leela, What are you doing?" my mom who just entered the room rushed towards me. I began to sob so hard

"Ma, I should go...Mr Tilak" I talked in between my sobs pointing to the news.

"Leela, you can't leave in this situation, please you need to take a rest," her words broke me into pieces, My mom helped me to get into the bed.

I felt my world was crushed, I lost my mentor. I sobbed hard.

"Leela, You're injured now, please calm down" I heard my mother's words but I couldn't control the pain of losing someone close to me.

My breathing got irregular, the nurses rushed into my room after my mom informed them about my situation and I was given an injection to slip into slumber.

3 months passed, I recovered from my injuries and minor fractures due to the accident., Mr. Tilak and I were working on a case unofficially. I never thought he would left me alone without solving this case. An evening, I was going through the case files.

"Leela " My mom handed freshly squeezed orange juice and sat beside me.

"Thanks ma" I placed the files on table and take a sip of the juice

"Leela, Mr. Tilak is no longer with us, what's the use of working on the case he wanted to solve?it's not your job,  You are stressing yourself" I heard my mom's voice.

"Ma, it's a promise of Mr Tilak to THEM, even though he is no more, it's my responsibility to fulfil it" I said looking at my mom

"And I have to find that guy really soon, he is the key for everything" my gaze shifted on the files.

"Please baby, I want you to take care of your health. Remember that your well-being is important to me " I can sense her concern in her voice.

"No worries ma I will handle it.. Where is dad?" I asked her as I didn't see him since morning.

"He went to met his friend " she said annoyingly. I chuckled little. After finishing the juice, I felt like I needed to reset my mind.

"Maa, I just needed some fresh air. I'm going for a walk okay" I rose from the couch.

"Leela, be careful, and don't be late." I nodded and followed the path that led to the seaside.

I used to come here when I needed relaxation as our house is close to the seaside. The scent of the salty breeze and the view of waves crashing on the shore offers solace to my mind. I sat in the middle of the shore and lost in my thoughts. When I tried to leave the place.

"Excuse me" a masculine voice stopped me. I turned slowly and saw a man dressed in formal wear, his hair ruffled by the breeze and his shirt tucked out. He continues to speak.

"Hi, I was sketching the beauty of the sunset, Since you are the only person here, I included you in my sketch as well" he handed a piece of paper.

I was dumbstruck by seeing the amazing sketch of me.

"I love it, it's so beautiful" I looked at the drawing keenly.

All of sudden, the wind blew which made the paper from my hand flutter. We were trying to grab the paper but it went into the water and That guy brings the paper.

"I-I am sorry, I ruined your drawing" I blamed myself,

"Chill, not your fault" he assured me.

"I should be more careful, I just ruined the beautiful drawing" I got upset seeing the soaked paper.

"Hey, don't worry, I'll draw you again, even more perfectly than this one. Perhaps you deserved to be drawn more beautifully" The words enough to lighten my mood.

"I have seen you here every week, I am sure we will meet again, that time get ready to see your sketch" he assured.

Who is this guy? I never noticed him before but He saw me coming here frequently.

"Thanks" I lowered my tone in guilt. We smiled and looked at each other awkwardly. He moved from there. I really loved his sketch, my bad it's ruined because of my carelessness.

__________

Satyajit's POV

I used to take leisurely visits to the beach to enjoy the sunsets, Usually, the beach is deserted as it's hidden from the public and, each time I visit, I always encounter a girl who comes there alone, completely lose in thoughts.

Today, I sketched a drawing of her. Looking at the drawing, her lips curved. I had never seen her smile before, I felt content to see her smiling. Her smile was like a ray of sunshine, filling my heart with warmth. It was a reminder that even amid chaos, there is still beauty and joy to be found.

I lost my mother in young age. 3 years ago, my father died due to heart attack, After the devastating event, I discovered my Adoption Certificate with a letter at my father's old cupboard.

Numerous questions raced through my mind, and I was shocked to find out i am not his biological son. I started to read the letter.

Satyajit, You are the only one we have and rely on, Hopefully you'll fulfill our responsibility son, our blessings are always be with you, Mr. Karan will guide you and you will learn about us soon.

I am confused and restless after read such as letter. My father Mr karan is no more so how does he guide me? It's written by My biological parents, I don't know who are them? What's responsibility they talked about ? My elder brother who being my support pillar is helping me to find about my biological parents. we haven't received any positive results which made me frustrated. I've found that watching the sunset is the one thing that can make me feel better so I don't mind spending my time in the beach everyday.

I reached our home from the beach and was surprised to see that my brother Shantanu had arrived before me.

"Hey bro, Usually you will be late, how did your boss let you leave this early?" I asked him.

My brother chuckled and replied

"Well, my boss gave me the afternoon off as a reward for completing a major project. It was quite unexpected and Satya next month I might go to Canada for a project"

"Good for you brother and all the best " I patted his shoulder.

"Satya I have a Good News for you" Shantanu said excitedly. Before I asked about anything.

"Don't ask me anything, just follow me tomorrow okay, it's really important Satya" my brother's serious tone made me quiet.

I nodded and went to my room thinking what's waiting for me tomorrow.