Chapter 13

Leela's POV

As I was trapped in my thoughts, my eyes landed on the piece of paper on my car's windscreen. It was a yellow paper with red thread, I got down from my car to take a closer look. The note said

Dear sister, We are always here for you, no matter what. Tomorrow our gift will come to your place, be ready!

I'm entirely clueless about this note. maybe it's not for me but for someone else. Regardless, the mysterious message only added to my unease and confusion. I brushed off those thoughts and headed to my home.

After a warm shower, my body gave me signs of exhaustion from the long day.. As I settled into bed, my mind started to wander about the stone. Can I find the stone, or will someone else take it before me? Is Satya's father involved in this? Can I fulfil Mr. Tilak's promise? The questions swirled in my mind. I decided to get some rest and deal with everything tomorrow

The next day, I was getting ready for my office.

"Leela, you got a parcel." My mom handed me a parcel. I didn't order anything online, I thought to myself. As I opened the parcel, I found the same yellow paper and a USB.

"Sister, here is your gift, Watch the videos on the USB. Hope you enjoy it!

It's confirmed that the previous message was for me . I followed their instructions by plugging the USB into my laptop and watching the videos, which made me startled.

In the first video,

A guy was tied to a chair, his face covered with blood and bruises. He started to speak.

"My name is Rakesh, and I am the one who caused Leela's accident to make my father reveal the stone's whereabouts. I threatened that if he didn't share it with me, I would let her die. But he had a heart attack and passed away without revealing anything.

After he finishes the lines, someone shoots him with the gun. All I heard was his screaming before everything went silent.

My eyes got wider, and I pushed myself away from the laptop and stood there in shock. Rakesh deserved it for what he did to me and Mr Tilak. . The consequences of his actions finally caught up to him in a tragic way. But who did this? How do they know about everything? I went to my laptop again with courage and clicked on the second video in hope of finding some answers.

Second Video

He also tied in the same way.

"Leave me; leave me; I will confess everything. I was working under Tushar sir; he is the one who asked me to inquire about the stone with the artist. When I asked that artist about the stone, he refused to answer me, so I had to push him. The balcony had such a low railing, which led to his fall from the building. I didn't do it intentionally. Please spare me. I told you everything."

He also died in the same way after finishing his confession.

I had more questions than answers since they did not disclose any information about themselves. Rakesh said Mr. Tilak received a clue about the stone before his death, and I have to find that clue including about the guy named Tushar.  The weight of all the new information and unanswered questions is making my mind spin. My brain advised me to seek help from Hariprasad. I reached for my phone and dialed his number.

__________________________________________________________________________

Hariprasad POV

"That's so good," I muttered after watching those videos. Leela looked at me with a confused expression.

"For god's sake, it's a video of two people being murdered. How could you find it so good?" She paces back and forth in frustration, trying to make sense of my reaction.

"Look, these guys deserved it for what they did, Now I understand why he took Mr.Tilak's phone, he wants to know about the stone and about Tushar, he is the son of Rajveer, he knows about the stone through his father . Moreover, when I checked the phone records of Mr. Tilak, his last call was from Pavla City." When I paused, Leela's mouth dropped open in disbelief.

"You're telling me there is a chance that Mr. Rana called Mr. Tilak ," she asked while sitting across from me.

"Maybe," I replied, closing my laptop. I looked more closely at the package box and the yellow note Leela received.

"Did you find out anything about Satya?" She leaned in closer, her eyes narrowing in thought.

"Not yet, give me some time" I said with my fixed eyes on the package box. She hissed in frustration.

"Leela, When are you going to Pavla City?" I asked her while leaning back comfortably in the chair.

"Not now, I need to take care of Satya." Hearing those words from Leela made me enraged. I knocked on the table in front of me and stood up. My action made her flinch.

"Leela, what the heck is going on? Is he unable to take care of himself? Don't you realize how important it is? I was helping you without getting any sleep or eating at the right times, but you were more concerned with Satya." I express my anger and possessiveness over Leela's priorities.

"Sir, any problem?" the waiter asked, interrupting our argument. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself before responding. "No, everything's fine. Just bring the bill, please," He left the place with a nod.

"I am not here to deal with your anger, Mr. Hari prasad, it's okay. I can handle these things alone. You don't need to strain yourself. Please consult a good therapist for your anger management." She was ready to leave. oh god I should not have shouted at her.

"Leela, I am sorry. I overreacted. I will go to Pavla city and update you everything ." I apologized for my impulsive behavior and decided to visit that place to sort out the case.

"That's your wish, but don't blame me for that," she said with a glare.

"I won't, please have a seat, we have to discuss it further." but she just left without saying another word. I messed up again, and she got upset with my behavior.

After 10 minutes, I was still there, blaming myself and wondering how to make things right with Leela. Suddenly, Leela rushed towards me, breathing heavily.

"Hey Leela, What happened?" I asked with concern.

"Let's try this, Leela said while slicing a pencil's edge with a knife on the table. She dabbed the fallen pencil's dust on the yellow paper. I stood there clueless , about her action.

"Look at this," she said, showing me the hidden symbol that has been revealed by the pencil dust.

"What is that " I tried to get an explanation.

"Badra.." she whispered with a smile.