Chapter 8

Leela's Pov

I was trying to sleep, but my mind was racing with thoughts of the day ahead. Eventually, I decided to get up and make a cup of chamomile tea to help calm my mind before trying to sleep again. Tomorrow I am going to meet him again, Satya, the person who has been on my mind constantly since our last encounter. His gestures and words have left a lasting impression on me, and the way he caressed my head made me feel a sense of comfort and peace that I haven't felt in a long time. I fainted in the middle of the beach that day, he could have used the opportunity to harm me, but he didn't. Instead, he stayed by my side until I woke up, showing the kindness and care that I needed.

Previously, I wasted my time on people who didn't appreciate me; I allowed them to mistreat me and take advantage of my kindness. But meeting him showed me that there are good people in the world who genuinely care about others. If he can show such kindness to a stranger, just imagine how he takes care of his love of life. His wife or girlfriend is truly blessed.

Tears welled up in my eyes, thinking about my past love life. The person I loved most hurt me in unexplainable ways.

My past lover, Hariprasad, was someone I thought I could trust with my heart, but he ended up breaking it into a million pieces. Everything was perfect in our lives until he showed me his unhealthy obsession and toxic behavior toward me. The only reason is that I worked with my male colleagues on projects. We had continuous fights and arguments about his insecurities and jealousy, but I never gave up on him, I thought he could change. However, one night, he crossed a line and physically hurt me, leaving me with emotional scars that still haunt me to this day. It was at that moment that I knew I had to walk away from the toxic relationship for good. The painful night flashed before my eyes.

Flashback

It was the night I returned from my colleague's birthday party. I have never informed him about this, as I knew he would not let me go. Unfortunately, he has seen our group photo on social media. He was waiting for me in the living room. As usual, I went towards him and hugged him tightly, but instead of reciprocating, he pushed me away with such force that I stumbled and fell to the ground. The look of anger in his eyes was enough to make me realize that he had found out. He showed me our group picture.

I stammered, trying to come up with an excuse, but he cut me off with a cold stare. "You lied to me," he said, his voice filled with disappointment. I knew there was no way out of this situation now.

"You have been roaming with your male colleagues behind my back? Do you think I never came to know about this? did you forget that I am a police officer?"

"Saddu, hear me once, please. Before this, I went with them for a project. You misunderstood it...I stopped hanging out with them since you didn't like it. I felt I was left out in the office. Today, they asked me to attend Calvin's party; I didn't want to be excluded. I am sorry, saddu," I pleaded, tears welling up in my eyes. He kneeled in front of me.

"If they asked you to sleep with them to be included, would you have done it?" He asked in a stern voice. I shook my head vigorously, tears streaming down my face. "No, never. I love you, Saddu. Please, believe me, Don't talk like this " I begged, reaching out to hold his hand. He went out of the room without saying a word, leaving me feeling devastated and rejected.

I followed him into the hallway, desperate to make things right. "Please, Saddu I won't repeat it again" I pleaded, hoping he would understand about me. But he continued walking away, leaving me with a sinking feeling in my chest.

Hariprasad took an alcohol bottle from the cabinet and began to pour himself a drink, ignoring my pleas completely. As he took a long sip, I realized that my words were falling on deaf ears. The sound of the liquid pouring into the glass echoed in the silence, emphasizing his refusal to acknowledge my feelings. I moved to my room, feeling defeated.

After some time had passed, I went to bed with tears running down my cheeks, wondering how our relationship had come to this. He entered our room and slowly started to force himself on me, despite my clear lack of consent. I pushed him away, He stopped and looked at me.

"Are they better than me? Why you don't want me " he said with a mix of anger and hurt in his voice. I sobbed hard. I ran from the room, but he followed and held me tightly against the wall. I could feel his hot breath on my face as he whispered,

"You belong to me, whether you like it or not." My heart raced with fear as I struggled to break free from his grasp. The stench of alcohol on his breath made me nauseous.

"Please, Saddu, leave me..it's hurting me " I begged him to let me go. He stopped and dragged me outside.

"If you don't want me, then you can leave my house." He threw my handbag onto the ground and closed the door behind me.

I stood outside, shaking with fear and uncertainty, as I realized I had nowhere to go. I went to Mr. Tilak's house as I didn't have any other choice. he and his wife welcomed me and offered me a place to stay. It didn't end here. He came to Mr. Tilak's house by tracing my mobile number . I went with him since I didn't want him to create any scenes in front of Mr.Tilak but after that night i decided to end our relationship.

End of the flashback

My thoughts were interrupted when the clock struck 12 a.m. I calmed myself and went to bed , knowing that I had made the right decision for my own well-being. As I drifted off to sleep, the thoughts of Satya comforted me.