Chapter 2

Satyajit POV

I looked out the car window, feeling a mix of frustration and curiosity. It seemed like we were driving aimlessly, and I couldn't help but wonder what surprise Shantanu had in store for me, but keeping me in the dark was starting to wear out my patience.

"Where are we going, Bro? At least can you tell me now?" I sighed.

Shantanu glanced at me with a smile.

"Trust me, the destination will be worth the wait," he said cryptically.

As we continued down the unfamiliar road, my curiosity grew even stronger. The car stopped in front of an unknown house.

"Where you brought me, Shan?" I asked him looking at the house.

"Satya, I found a nurse from the hospital where you were born, I asked her for help and fortunately she found out about your biological mother in the hospital records. she said she would give us the details in person"

A rush of emotions flooded over me, a mix of eagerness, nervousness, and hope. I couldn't believe that after waiting for 2 years, I might finally get some answers.

As I stepped out of the car and approached the front door, my mind raced with questions. The eagerness grew stronger with each passing second.

I took a deep breath and Shantanu knocked on the door, The door creaked open, revealing a middle-aged woman with kind eyes and a warm smile. She welcomed us inside and offered us a seat in her cozy living room. As we settled down. She explained that she had been going through some old records and found some information that might be helpful to us. She handed me a file containing details about my biological mother and her medical history.

As she went through the files earlier, she said, "Your mother passed away due to blood loss after childbirth, it looks like she met with an accident before, and she was admitted by the driver who caused the accident."

"How about my biological father?" I asked her expecting a positive answer.

"There is no information about your biological father in these files, but after delivery, the baby was given to that driver"

Did you know any information about that driver" I added? She shook her head negatively.

"No, I don't have any information about the driver, this is all I have " she replied, her expression turning slightly apologetic.

"It's okay Mrs. Nancy, I appreciate you for going through these files at the hospital and providing us with this information. Thank you " I expressed my gratitude to her.

I went to our car after leaving Mrs. Nancy's place. I lost myself in my thoughts as I stood in front of our car. I am glad to learn about my mother, as this would help me to verify the information they had written in the letter.

I have been in the dark for the past two years, but at least today I learned something that might help me find the truth. As I gazed at the car, a surge of determination washed over me, knowing that I was finally making progress in my search. Thanks to my brother, without him I can't able to find this info.

___________________________

A week past

Leela's POV

"Welcome back Leela" Disha, my colleague, hugged me with excitement as I walked into the office after my long medical leave. She had been eagerly waiting for my return, and her bright smile showed how much she had missed me. We had spent hours talking and catching up on work, and her support during my recovery meant the world to me. As we settled into our desks, Disha shared all the updates and news I had missed during my absence.

"Lee, you know our director spent four thousand dollars on a new painting. This guy spends money like water" Wait, I show you the painting," Disha showed me her phone.

It was a seashore painting. After gazing at the painting, I got reminded of the guy I met at the beach.  can I able to see him there if I visit the beach today? i love his sketch so much, i really wanted to see his beautiful sketch again...My thoughts were interrupted by my colleague.

"Leela, the police officer in charge of Mr. Tilak's case, would like to have a conversation with you regarding some important details. He is currently waiting for you at the cafeteria " My colleague informed me.

"Okay, I will take a look sophie" I stood up from my office chair and made my way towards the cafeteria.

In the cafeteria, my glance fell on a male figure who was wearing sunglasses and looking around. I moved towards that person, I was shocked, It's him, the person I hate the most. What is he doing here? I rooted there in disbelief, unable to comprehend why he would be in the same place as me. Memories of past conflicts flooded my mind, igniting a surge of anger within me.

He noticed me. Slowly taking off his sunglasses, he smirked and made his way towards me. As he approached, I could feel my heart racing, unsure of what his intentions were. The tension in the air was palpable as we stood face-to-face.

"Hi, Miss Leela, I am Hariprasad, investigator of Mr. Tilak's case." He introduced himself, his voice laced with a hint of authority.