Chapter 3

Leela POV

My anger subsided slightly as I realized he was not here for personal reasons but rather for professional ones. I felt awkward in his presence, unsure of how to respond or what to say next. His confident attitude and the way he carried himself only added to my discomfort. I stood there uncomfortably. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. However, I couldn't shake off the uneasiness that still lingered. I cautiously replied,

"Mr. Hariprasad. How can I help you with Mr. Tilak's case?"

"Can we sit and talk?" he asked, gesturing towards a nearby table. I hesitated for a moment, still uneasy about his presence, but ultimately decided to go along and sat down across from him. As we sat down, I noticed his sharp gaze towards me. It was as if he could see right through me, peering into the depths of my soul.

"It seems like you are uncomfortable. Miss Leela, no worries, I assure you, this meeting is purely business," he said, attempting to ease my uneasiness. I nodded, trying to hide my discomfort, and mustered up the courage to engage in the conversation.

"What do you want to know, Mr. Hariprasad?" I asked, trying to project confidence despite my lingering uneasiness. His sharp gaze never wavered as he leaned in slightly, his voice low and steady.

"Mr. Tilak's death is not natural, he was murdered," he stated clinically. My heart skipped a beat at his words, and I could feel the weight of the situation intensify.

"But I heard he died due to a heart attack?" I asked him shockingly.

"Yes, that's what the postmortem report said, but the evidence in his home points to something else " he explained calmly.

"And your accident is not a coincidence either. I think it's all because of the case you have been working on with Mr. Tilak," he continued.

My mind raced as I tried to process his words, realizing the gravity of the situation. It was clear that I had stumbled upon something much bigger than I had anticipated. I know he already investigated about everything as he knows about the case and my accident.

"If you tell me something about the case and the files you have been working on, I might be able to help you figure out who could be behind this." He said.

I took a deep breath, realizing that even though I hated him, I had no choice but to work with him.

" I don't have all the details at the moment, but I can provide you with a general overview," I began to explain about the case after he nodded.

"It's all about a stone, a stone that is believed to possess extraordinary powers. Legends say that whoever possesses this stone will gain immense wealth and unimaginable abilities. This stone's value is beyond measure. However, the stone's whereabouts are shrouded in mystery, The only person who knows about the whereabouts of the stone is Mr. Rana the Journalist, and we are finding him now" I finished with my explanation.

"So someone who wanted the stone must have murdered Mr. Tilak, but why did they still leave you alive? " He asked raising his eyebrows.

I gave a glare to him and replied, "Maybe they spared me because they believed I could lead them to Mr. Rana and ultimately to the missing stone "

"Then why did they kill Mr. Tilak? He is so experienced and smarter than you " he looked puzzled, but his continuous questions irritated me.

"it's your job to find it. I will send you the details okay?" I said, frustrated by his persistence.

"And I need help in finding Mr. Rana, the journalist." I continued.

"Yeah send me his details along with it, well how old he is" he asked me.

"Maybe in the late fifties"

"What if he already passed away? " His question caught me off guard.

"I'm not sure but Let's think positively because finding him is crucial " I hesitated for a moment before responding.

"I think the stone is just a myth and there is something else behind it"

I remained silent not interested in his statement.

"I will send you the case details, take a look and understand" I rose from the chair.

"Not bad, I thought you wouldn't have my number, Miss Leela, I'm glad you have it still," He said while putting his sunglasses back, His sarcastic smile only added to my irritation.

"Yes, I will keep the contact number of people I hate most , just to make sure I never accidentally answer their calls and listen to their annoying voice " I replied, maintaining a cool composure despite his attempts to provoke me. he averted his gaze from me.

I moved from the place without looking at him.

____________________

Hariprasad POV

She walked away with a gloomy expression on her face. It was clear that my presence and talk had annoyed her. Obviously the things I did, made her to hate me . I looked at her till she disappeared into the distance. It's been two years since we last met. Her beauty had not faded in the slightest. She still had the same captivating aura that drew people towards her. Her eyes, once bright and full of life, now held a trace of anger and sadness. Despite her anger, I still get mesmerized by her undeniable charm. Don't worry, sweetie, I came here to fix everything. I took a deep breathe and moved to my car.

_______________________

Leela's POV

God, please help me find any information regarding the stone, it should be placed where it is supposed to be. I have to fulfill Mr. Tilak's promise. I am clueless now, Greedy people should not have the precious stone. They killed him and committed the biggest sin to the people who once kept the stone. I will make sure that they get punished, no matter what it takes. Mr. Tilak's death will not be in vain. Moreover, to my dismay the person in charge of Mr. Tilak's case is HIM. A lone tear escaped from my eyes.

Meeting him reminds me of the grief and betrayal I thought I had moved on from, as, well as the terrible recollections of my past. It's as if the old scars I fought so hard to heal are suddenly exposed again. As usual, I went to the seashore to have some peace, hoping the sound of the waves would drown out the painful memories resurfacing, I take a walk around the beach

All of sudden, my head felt heavy. I reached out for support, trying to steady myself as the room spun around me. My vision began to blur. I collapsed to the sandy ground, feeling the cool grains against my skin as darkness enveloped me. The last thing I heard was the sound of crashing waves after that everything went silent.