Chapter 11

Leela POV

Hariprasad's words lingered in my mind for too long. Is it true that he took this case to protect me and amend those mistakes he made in the past? Although I can forgive him for it, he will never be able to win back my trust. I appreciate the thought of him helping me with this case, but the damage to our relationship is irreversible. Despite his efforts, some wounds are too deep to heal.

I was going to get my car, which was parked at SDF College. As I get closer, I realize there has been an issue. The sight of the ambulance and the crowd makes my heart race with worry. Among the crowd, I tried to glance to see what was happening, but the scene horrified me. A guy was lying on the ground in a pool of blood. when the ambulance attendant placed him on the stretcher. I recognise that person. It was Satya, and my heart sank at that moment.

"Satyaa!" I screamed and made my way towards the stretcher. I hurried through the crowd.

"Madam, please wait." A man in a formal suit stopped me.

"What happened to him?" I asked while tears ran through my cheeks.

"Mr.Satya has tripped and fell  from our 2nd floor, and madam, now they are taking him to the private hospital as the dean of this college has arranged for his treatment there," the man explained. I was shocked to hear about this; he just left the coffee shop 30 minutes ago. How is that possible?

While I was consumed with thoughts, the ambulance left. The crowd cleared away, and I was standing exactly where Satya had fallen, the blood stain on the ground sending shivers down my spine. I couldn't believe what had just happened, and my mind was racing with questions about how it could have occurred so suddenly.

My eyes suddenly fell on a piece of paper with blood stains away from the spot. It was a drawing. I kneeled and took the paper, examining it closely. The drawing was of the missing stone, I was left speechless. Does Satya know about the stone? Is it the reason for his condition? I could not take the questions that arose in my mind.

"I want to meet the dean!" I screamed while entering the office. The dean's secretary quickly came towards me. He was the same man who told me everything about the incident.

"Sorry, Madam, the dean is not around. What's the matter?" His tone was concerned.

"I want to see the CCTV camera; I need to know what happened to Satya, and I have suspicion that someone may have pushed him." My tone was quite loud and serious.

"Madam calm down, I can understand your concern, I can't show you the footage without the management's permission. Now you should be with Mr Satya. I promise that our dean will look into this matter thoroughly and take the necessary actions." The secretary's reassuring words calmed me down slightly. Yes, he is right, I should be with Satya now, and sure, there are protocols for everything.

"Okay, can you call me if you find out anything?" I asked him calmly, to which he nodded. I shared my number and left the place. I sent a message to Hariprasad to find out about Satyajit, as I needed to know if Satya was aware of any clues I didn't know about the stone.

While I was on the way towards the entrance, the students came and gave me the belongings of Satya, including his broken phone, which left me in tears. i rushed towards hospital right now.

The receptionist asked me to wait in front of the OT as they were still performing surgery on Satyajit. I anxiously waited, hoping for some positive news about his condition. After 2 hours, Satya shifted to the ward. The doctor informed me that he was stable but unconscious. He had head injuries and and fractures in his right arm and leg, but luckily there was no serious damage. I was waiting for him to regain consciousness.

"He will only return to consciousness tomorrow due to the anaesthetic and painkillers. I suggest you go home and take some rest, we will update you if there are any changes in his condition." The nurse assured me. I gazed at my watch to find the time was 8.30 pm and left the hospital.

The night passed in a wave of worry and restless sleep, with me constantly thinking about Satya's condition. The next morning, I rushed back to the hospital, hope to see the improvement in his health. He was still lying there unconsciously, and I sat beside him, holding his hand. After some time, I could sense the movement of his fingers.

"Leela," he whispered after opening his eyes , a weak smile forming on his lips. I noticed that he was now conscious and aware of his surroundings.

"You will be alright, Satya," I said while wiping my happy tears with my left hand. He gripped my right hand tightly.

"Satya, we have to inform your family about your condition." I reached for my phone in my pocket.

"No one at home, my brother went to Canada. Right now I have only myself" His reply made me feel bad for him. Who would look after him as he is alone himself here? .My mother was there to take care of me when I got into an accident, but Satya didn't have anyone by his side. I had to be there for him during this difficult time.

"Thank God, today is Sunday. My office is closed " His voice is low but audible.

"Office? Where are you working?" I was curious about his job.

"I owned an interior design company" Whoa, I had no idea about that. I should have asked him about this earlier.

"Okay, come on, Satya, you have to eat now, a little bit. " I tried to feed him the hospital porridge.

"Leela no" He made a face of disgust. "I don't want this porridge, it won't taste good" he complained like a small kid, I could not help but smile seeing his cuteness. I ruffled his hair and said, "Fine, I'll go get you something else to eat."

"You have been here since morning, and you also have to eat something" he said.

"Forget about me, you should have some food and get your strength back." I smooched his forehead and slowly lifted my face, finding him looking into my eyes deeply.

Oh, Leela, what have you done? What will he think of me? He never uttered a word or broke eye contact. It's like he was trying to convey something through his gaze. Our faces were inches apart, and I could feel his warm breath on my skin.

The intensity of those eyes drowned me, causing butterflies in my stomach to flutter. I can feel a new emotion in his eyes, which I had never seen before. What name should I give to this emotion? Was it love, desire, or something else entirely? I couldn't quite pinpoint it, but one thing was for sure , I could never get enough of his intoxicating gaze.