Chapter 14

Satyajit POV

Thank God, I only had a few bruises and fractures and not any serious injuries. Leela was here by my side the whole time, taking care of me and making sure I was comfortable. Her presence gave me a sense of comfort and reassurance. I got discharged after a few days, but she never failed to check up on me regularly at home. Through this process, our bond grew even stronger. After my brother returned from Canada, she always visited me on weekends.

One day, when she was checking my injured hand, I could not help but admire her beautiful facial features, which were illuminated by the soft light coming through the window. I slowly caressed the puffy and dark circles under her eyes, which made me realize she was restless. Her eyes closed as she leaned into my touch.

"Aren't you sleeping well ?" I asked softly, concerned for her well-being. Her eyes opened and she looked into mine.

"Ahm, I just have a lot on my mind lately," she replied, avoiding eye contact. She moved away slightly. It's like there's a whole world of emotions and thoughts she's keeping to herself, and I want to unravel them. I decided to build a haven for her to share whatever was weighing on her mind, as my angel should not have to bear her burdens alone. Only angels could take care of a person without expecting anything in return.

It's been a month, and my injuries are completely healed. I can move freely without pain. Aside from that, my feelings for Leela are growing stronger by the day, and I can't get away from the peace of mind she provided me. I am so confused about my feelings, am I falling in love? or am I just having an infatuation?

"Satyaa," the voice of my brother, interrupted my thought processes.

"Yes, bro," I replied as he gave a confused expression.

"I have been calling you for the past five minutes. Where have you lost?"

"Oh, nothing," I said, trying to brush off his concern.

"Okay, I am going out for a while, your friend is coming, right?" Shantanu questioned me while wearing his watch.

"Yup, she will be here in half an hour." I quickly checked the time on my phone and assured him.

"Great, I'll see you later then," he said, heading towards the door. 

"Wait, can you do a favour for me?" I called out before he left.

"Sure, what do you need?" Shantanu asked, turning back to face me with a smile.

"Can you buy a strawberry cake on your way back?," I requested,

"Is it for Leela?" My brother asked with a knowing grin. I confirmed with a nod.

"What's going on, brother?" He raised his eyebrows with a smile.

"Nothing, ya," I replied, trying to play it cool.

"Come on, I've known you for 26 years. You can't hide anything from me," he teased while leaning against the wall with folded hands.

"Fine, I have feelings for Leela, but I'm not sure if it's just attraction or not." My brother chuckled.

"Everything begins with a small attraction, bro. Just take it slowly and see where it leads. My advice is get to know her more, her flaws and strengths, if you still feel the same way, then it might be something more than just attraction, All the best my bro " He gives a thumbs up after completing his sentence.

"Thanks, man. I appreciate the advice," I said with a grateful smile.

"No problem, that's what big brothers are for, and I will get you the strawberry cake " he replied with a wink before walking away from our house.

Time passed, and the sound of a heavy downpour outside the window caught my attention. I watched as the raindrops raced down the glass, creating a soothing rhythm that drowned out all other noise. My eyes slowly settled on a figure that was drenched from the rain and spinning with her arms outstretched. The lightning shone on her face, it was Leela.

I could see the joy in her expression as she danced freely in the storm, completely unbothered by the weather. At that moment, all I thought about was her safety. I rushed outside with an umbrella to bring her inside. As I approached, I realized she was twirling with pure happiness.

"Leela," I called out, my voice barely audible over the sound of the rain. She turned towards me, her eyes sparkling with excitement, and smiled before continuing her dance in the rain. I stood there, watching her with a mix of concern and admiration.

She slowly came towards me, her hand outstretched, inviting me to join her in the downpour. I hesitated for a moment before taking her hand, but my fingers released the umbrella, and I joined her hands, feeling the warmth of her touch and the joy of her spirit. I placed my other hand on her waist, feeling the rhythm of the raindrops. We were lost in a moment of absolute bliss as we danced together beneath the dark sky.. At that moment, I knew that I never wanted this dance to end.

My eyes swiftly travelled from her eyes to her lips, and I felt the overwhelming urge to lean in and kiss her, but I don't want to be a pervert.  Instead, I held her closer and whispered, "I could dance with you forever, but right now we have to go inside, it's unsafe under this thunderous sky." She nodded, and I gently pulled her inside the house.

"Wait here, I will get you the towel." I made her wait in the living room while she hugged herself in an attempt to warm up. I quickly returned with a fluffy towel and wrapped it around her shoulders, I quickly dried the top of her head with another towel. She looked at me with a smile.

"In the second room on the left, you can find some girl's clothes in the wardrobe," I said as I pointed her in the direction of the bedroom.

"How?" She asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

"My sister-in-law's clothes,  my brother and she were separated. She left some of her clothes here when she moved out," I explained softly.

"Oh, but your brother won't mind me borrowing them?" She questioned, looking concerned. "No, he won't mind at all. No worries," I reassured her with a smile. 

After we freshened up, we both settled on the couch with a cup of hot tea.

"Thanks for everything, Satya and I want to tell you something important, it's about your father's drawing you showed me earlier..."