Chapter 9

Satyajit Pov

It was my first time giving a speech in front of a large audience, and I was anxious. I sighed deeply before placing my art in the proper orientation on the exhibition board. We still have 30 minutes left for the speech. I sat on the chair next to me, and my gaze slowly fell on a girl in a red dress who was searching for someone. As I looked at her closely, my heart felt an instant of peace. It's Leela. I never expected her to be here.

"Leela, here," I called out, waving my hand to catch her attention. She turned towards me with a bright smile and made her way over to where I was sitting.

"Oh, Leela, you surprised me; I never thought you would come," I said, standing up from the chair.

"I came here for a good artist who is going to give a speech shortly; I can't wait to listen to it !" Leela replied, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"That's good; take a seat, Leela," I gestured towards the empty chair next to me.

"Wait, are these your artworks displayed here?" Leela asked, pointing to the artwork on the exhibition board.

"Yes, they are mine; take a look." I brought her towards my drawing and began to explain the inspiration behind each piece. Leela listened intently, admiring the intricate details and vibrant colors in each artwork. 30 minutes flew by as we discussed art and creativity. The host announced my name on the stage. My heartbeat rose with nervousness, and I made my way towards the stage.

"Satyaa!" I heard Leela's voice. As I turned, she hugged me tightly and whispered, ". You've got this. You are the best, and I know you will do amazing things up there " I smiled at her gratefully. Her unexpected hug reminded me of my mother. That hug was exactly what I needed at this moment.

I stepped onto the stage with newfound confidence and began my speech, feeling supported and encouraged by Leela's words. The audience's applause and smiles gave me the boost I needed to deliver my speech with passion and conviction.

_____________________________________________________________

Leela's POV

Satya was explaining his artwork, and I feel proud of him. His talent was undeniable, and I knew he was destined for great things in the art world. As I listened to him speak, I couldn't help but admire his passion and dedication to his craft. It was clear that Satya's art was not just a hobby but a true calling that he was meant to pursue. Wait, is he nervous? I observed his facial expressions and movements; he didn't appear cool. I wanted to comfort him.

The host called out his name. I extended a tight hug and whispered a few motivating words to make him feel better. It's working. Satya's eyes lit up with a newfound confidence, and his frowned expression softened into a smile. As he took the stage, I knew he was going to shine brightly and leave a lasting impression on the audience.

When Satya's speech was going on, I received calls from Hari Prasad. What does he want right now? I never answered his calls because I was fully focused on supporting Satya during his moment in the spotlight. I knew that Hari Prasad's call could wait until after the event was over. After Satya's inspirational speech about the arts, he was surrounded by a group of students eager to learn more from him. That time, I got a message from Hari Prasad, "Call me asap, urgent." he was born to ruin my peace, oh god why did you send him again into my life? What if it's about Mr. Tilak?

I rushed outside to make a call to Hari Prasad while Satya was still engaged with the students, hoping he would quickly address whatever urgent matter he had.

"What's the matter now?" I asked as soon as he answered the phone and tried to calm myself.

"Leela, I want to meet you regarding the case, it's about the stone. Tell me where can we meet ?." I felt a knot form in my stomach at the mention of the stone. Hari Prasad's urgent message suddenly took on a whole new level of importance, and I knew I had to meet with him as soon as possible to discuss this new development.

"Okay, can we meet after an hour? I am at SDF College now; we can meet at the coffee shop beside it " He agreed. I asked for an hour because I wanted to spend some time with Satya before diving into this matter.

I made my way towards Satya, who was talking to the students. A smile lit up his face as he saw me approaching. He excused himself from them.

"Leela, Where are you going? Anything?" His tone was filled with concern.

"I have to leave in an hour as I need to meet my friend regarding an important matter at the coffee shop nearby," I replied, trying to keep the conversation light. Satya nodded understandingly.

"Oh, if you don't mind, can we have a drink at the same coffee shop?" I agreed with a smile. It would be nice to catch up with Satya over a drink before I have to leave. We chose to walk since the coffee shop was nearby.

"Your speech was inspiring, Satya. I loved it a lot. It's so flawless." Satya smiled graciously,

"Thank you, but it's because of you, Leela." I looked at him with a puzzled expression.

"You made me think of my mother when I was thirteen." At the school celebration, I had to perform in front of parents and teachers. I was really nervous, but my mom gave me a hug and a pep talk which boosted my confidence, She is no more, but you helped me out today in that way." Satya's eyes glistened with emotion as he spoke about his mother. I was touched his words, I wanna hug him and tell him how grateful I am for his kind words.

"Hey, Leela, hold my hand; we have to cross the road." He held my hand voluntarily and guided me safely across the busy street. I felt a sense of comfort and security in that simple gesture. As we reached the other side, I smiled at Satya.

"I am sorry; the road was so crowded. I need you to be safe; that's why I held your hand quickly," he apologized.

"No worries, thank you for helping me cross safely," I replied gratefully.

We settled in the coffee shop and felt a warm appreciation for Satya's caring nature. It was a small moment, but it meant a lot to me. We ordered our drinks and continued our conversation about the common interests between us, my phone buzzed with a call. I just declined it and focused on enjoying the moment with Satya. After all, it was his company that I valued most at that moment. Suddenly, I heard a throat clearing sound behind me....