Chapter 12

Leela's POV

I moved away from him as soon as I realized our lips were just an inch apart and sensed what was going to happen next. My heart was racing, unsure of how to react to the sudden intimacy between us.

"I go and get something to eat," I said, breaking the tension between us.

"Hey Leela, it's okay I will eat the porridge" he denied.

"I will be back in a few minutes" I made my way towards the cafeteria.

As I walked away, I couldn't forget the feeling of his warm breath on my skin, leaving me both flustered and intrigued by the unexpected moment.

I bought food, juices, and biscuits at the hospital cafeteria so he could have something pleasant and comforting to eat. When I returned, he was surprised by the variety of foods, and a smile spread across his face.

"What is the need for bringing so much?" he asked, touched by my gesture.

"I wanted to make sure you had options to choose" I simply replied.

I slowly feed him the food while engaging in light conversation, trying to distract him from his discomfort. After he finished the food, I decided to clear my doubt.

"Satya, how did you fall from the second floor?" I inquired gently, hoping to know the answer.

"I had a argument with a dumb guy. When I tried to leave the place, he just pushed me so hard, which made me lose my balance. Since the railing was too low I fell off from the floor " that means my guess was right, someone is pushed him.

"Is that argument about the stone?" Satya nodded and looked puzzled at me.

"I picked this paper on the spot where you fell," I said, taking the blood-stained drawing paper from my bag and showed him.

"Oh yeah, it was the guy's one. He continued asking me about that stone by showing this paper. Earlier, I sketched a similar one inspired by my late father's drawing. I had already sold it but this guy asked me how I drew it perfectly without knowing about the stone, people are losing their mind seriously" Satya clarified everything in details.

"Your father is also an artist?" I asked him, as he mentioned it was his late father's drawing.

"Nope, drawing is not his cup of tea, but he made a few drawings, which I found in his cabin. We are still keeping those for his remembrance." Upon hearing Satya's words, I concluded that his late father had some information about the stone and that I should dig into this matter more.

I am satisfied that Satya explanation me everything I wanted to know.

"All right, Leave about that, let's concentrate on your recovery." I said as It was not a right time to discuss about this matter.

After some time, the dean and his secretary were here.

"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Satya,"  He handed me a bouquet with the get well soon tag. Wait, did he call me Mrs. Satya, I am not his wife, and at the same time, I don't want to correct him.

"We are sorry for what you're going through, Don't worry about the medical expenses, as the college will cover it all."

"As Mr. Satya, we've already filed a police report, and they'll arrest that man shortly. We'll handle everything." He assured us, and we both thanked him for the support. He left the room after promising to keep us updated on the situation.

"Leela, Did you notice something?" I raised my eyebrow towards Satya. "He thought you were my wife because of the way he addressed you as Mrs. Satya," he chuckled.  I smiled, looking at his face while his eyes caught mine. There was silence between us for a few moments.

"But it sounded good," he added while fixing his gaze on me. Oh god, what is he doing to me? I felt my heart race as I tried to maintain composure. I could feel my stomach fluttering with butterflies as I struggled to find the right words to respond.

"Ahm yes, I think you need to take rest," I adjusted the blanket on him. "And I guess you need to go home and rest too " he replied, to which I nodded in agreement. After I bid him goodbye, I left the hospital.

As I got into my car, I leaned back with a deep breath. The way he looked at me was different. Today we had a sudden intimacy, if I didn't move, it would lead to something more than friendship. Yes, I feel so comfortable and connected to him but I am scared of trusting someone again. My mind slowly reminds me of my past.

Flashback

Hariprasad locked me in the room, preventing me from leaving his house. I was pleading with him to open the door, but he refused to do so. All of a sudden, the door creaked open, and he entered the room with his favorite whisky bottle. His eyes were red, and his words were slurred.

After locking the door, he stumbled towards me, grabbed my arm, and pushed me against the bed. Once again, he attempted to force himself on me.  I tried to push him like I did before, but I failed. He was so strong this time. He pinned my hands above my head and kissed me harshly, his grip tightening as I struggled to break free. The smell of alcohol on his breath made me feel sick to my stomach.

My pleas echoed through the whole room, but it didn't make him stop the deed. At last, I gave up on fighting and accepted my defeat. My eyes slowly closed as tears streamed down my face, but everything stopped, which made me open my eyes and find him passed out due to excessive drinking. I swiftly freed myself from his grip and fled out of the room.

End of Flashback

It's been 2 years since this incident, and still I cannot shake off the trauma and fear that lingered from that night. As I trapped in my thoughts, my eyes landed on the piece of note on my car's windscreen.