Chapter 8: Relief

After having a talk with grandmaster Kuai Liang, Tomas and Lyn talk to each other, "Let's go hang out for the night." Tomas said eagerly as Lyn wanted to get to know him more, "Okay. Hey Tomas I know you mentioned that the grandmaster isn't your real brother. I just wanted to know what happened to your real parents." Tomas tells her the story, "Well it's a tragic story but my real family died. I was hunting with them including my sister but we ended up in Lin Kuei territory and they murdered my family. I was the only left alive and for what they've done they took me in as their own. Kuai Liang's father adopted me as his son I have another brother named Bi-Han he never showed any emotion. He always disrespected me and would tell me I wasn't his real brother." Lyn notices Tomas holding back his tears and comforts him, "I'm really sorry about what happened to your family. I'm here for you and you have earned my trust and respect that is what's important." Kuai Liang overhears their conversation admired about the connection they have with each other. Scorpion never understood how he fell for her but realizes, "At first Harumi and I never understood why Lyn was so important to Tomas until now. He notices her compassion, fierceness, strength, and purity." At the Lin Kuei temple, Bi-Han sits on his throne with one of his initiates who is a spy pretending to be Shirai Ryu telling his grandmaster the news, "Grandmaster Sub-Zero you won't believe what information we gathered. It's about your brother but not Kuai Liang: Tomas Vrbada." Bi-Han lets out an evil grin, "Continue." the initiate looks at him, "Your brother Kuai Liang is with a woman named Harumi who is helping them gather warriors to stand against you. There is a festival happening and everyone will be there." Sub-Zero seemed intrigued, "Good. We will strike at the festival and no one will remain alive. Both of my brothers don't deserve happiness after betraying me your dismissed." Bi-Han finds this opportunity to get his revenge on his brothers and will accept defeat.