Love at First Sight - 5

"They go to Westwood, really?" Maddie asked.

Stella nodded and showed her friend the Westwood Dance Academy website on her laptop. Sure enough, Alfie and Stella were there on the first page, looking amazing. The Academy's top students, although they'd only just completed their first year there.

"They're going to break up. I'd give them like one more year." Stella said.

"They are?"

"Yeah, I can tell."

Maddie shrugged and scrolled through the website a bit, it was almost as if she was looking for something.

"I think I have a friend here." She said suddenly.

"Who?"

"He'll be in his second year now, you wouldn't know him."

"That's great though! We can ask him for audition tips." Stella was getting more excited by the second.

"I'd rather not, we haven't talked much in a while." Maddie said, too quickly "we're auditioning then?"

Stella recognised Maddie's attempt to change the subject and didn't push it. She could tell exactly what kind of friend this boy had been. She continued clicking through the website, searching for any information about auditions for next year.

"Found it!" she shouted, making Maddie jump.

"What?"

"Auditions, here. Applicants have to be between sixteen and twenty-one. I'd better text my sisters."

Stella grinned, she'd finally done it. She knew this was the one, deep in her bones. This was going to work out.

***

Amber walked into the waiting room, sat down opposite the door and began, well, waiting. She was there alone because her audition had to be moved a day earlier. Amber was actually happy about this. It gave her more time to quietly focus on herself rather than having to talk to her sisters, if Amber spoke now, her voice would defiantly betray her nerves. She would never, ever admit to being nervous. That was a weakness. It would make her less and Amber couldn't be less than anyone. She found it hard, being the youngest of three beautiful and talented girls, especially since they were all dancers. No one would look at Amber if she didn't go that extra mile further than Stella and Hazel. So Amber learnt to sing. She'd won talent shows with her amazing voice and singing was actually the thing she loved most in the world. Though she also loved to dance and leaving that to her sisters would make them better than her.

So there she was, sitting outside the audition room for one of the best dance schools, feeling nervous as hell and fighting not to show it. Watching the current auditionee through a window in the door was not making her feel better.

The dancer was a tall girl with dark skin and amazingly bright neon green braids. She was really flexible and her extensions were insane. Amber looked at this girl and tried not to think of her as competition, but of course, that was impossible.

Amber closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Nervous?" said a voice next to her.

Amber's eyes snapped open. She had been so caught up watching the dancer that she had failed to notice the most attractive boy in the world.

"Not really." Amber replied.

He looked at her for a second and she began to feel a completely different kind of butterflies consuming her. The boy was exactly her type. His tanned skin was incredibly sexy and his eyes felt like they were smiling into her soul, his pupils dilated as he looked at her.

If she was Hazel, she would have been head over heels already, but Amber was too pessimistic to believe in love at first sight. She knew that the only way you could get what you want is working for it and, somehow, for some reason, Amber decided that boy would be hers.

"It's okay. I won't judge you if you are." The boy said.

Amber shook her head "Well I'm not, so yeah."

He smiled "I am." There was a short pause and he gestured towards the girl though the door "She's good isn't she."

Amber shrugged. Don't look at her, look at me.

"I'm sure you'll be amazing too."

"Thanks." Amber said "I will, don't worry."

This made the boy laugh and he asked for her name.

"Amber."

"Jamie."

Jamie looked like he was about to go for a handshake, but Amber refused to stoop to that level of awkwardness, she just smiled.

The door to the audition room clicked open and the girl walked out. She approached Amber immediately. The girl had a sweet round face and kind looking eyes.

"You're Amber Bell right?"

Amber nodded and stoop up.

"Your turn. Good luck."

Amber set her shoulders back, tipped her chin up, took a deep breath, smiled, and walked in.