Friends and Enemies - 6

"That arrogant little..." Kara screamed, pacing around Megan's room. "Who does she think she is?"

Megan sat quietly on her bed and watched. It was best not to intervene when Kara got worked up like this.

"And how dare Ms Sara offer Ella that part! My part! Ella has been here five minutes and already thinks she can get everything she wants."

"I don't think she..."

"Taking whatever she wants, not caring whose toes she treads on."

"She's actually..."

"What?" Megan realised she should have stayed quiet when Kara turned on her "She actually nice? Is that what you were saying?"

"I don't think you're..."

"Oh I forgot, you're friends aren't you?"

The venom in Kara's voice forced her friend to lie "Not really..."

"Not anymore you're not, she's my enemy. My competition. You can't talk to her anymore."

"I don't think that's necessary." Megan protested weakly.

"Of course it is. Meg, we've been friends forever, can't you see that she's the reason we're fighting right now? She caused this."

Megan knew this wasn't true, but she started to believe it anyway. She had no choice. Megan knew she'd have to cut Ella off to keep her best friend.

"Okay. I won't talk to her anymore."

Kara smiled "Thanks Meg."

She hugged her and Megan felt her shoulders tense.

"Come and get lunch with me?" Kara said.

Megan shook her head "No, I... I've got stuff to do. I'll meet you later."
Kara rolled her eyes but didn't push it "Whatever then. See you later."

Megan's friend left her sitting alone in an empty dorm room staring into space until she realised she was crying.

After a few minutes, Robin walked in. They put their arms around Megan.

"What happened Megs?"

"Nothing. It's... Just Kara being... It's fine."

"No it's not." Robin said.

"It is. I've been friends with Kara my whole life. I can handle her."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm fine." Megan paused "Come and get some food with me."

Robin held Megan's hand as they walked outside together and that made her feel a bit better. She felt safe now at least.

Megan saw Ella on the way, but she didn't speak to her. She didn't reply to any of Ella's texts during the half term. She didn't speak to Ella when they got back. Megan didn't congratulate Ella when she go cast as Odile. She didn't talk to Ella for the whole term. Megan didn't even talk to Ella when she watched her in Swan Lake dancing so perfectly that there was no way anyone else should have had that part.

Rebecca: Thank you for reading story 2! I really hope you enjoyed it, I'm currently working on the next one which will  be called Fight for It. I hope you're excited to learn more about Maddie and Maisie as well as what comes next for Hazel.

Comment what you think will happen next! I'd love to hear your predictions/ favourite characters/ ships...

I'd really appreciate votes/ comments/ feedback etc. While you wait for the next story to begin, check out my short story Waiting for You (the sequel is coming out soon) and my poetry books Lost in Love, Let's Breathe Roses and So Real