Chapter 7

The next day at school

Pearl walks into her class and rests her head on the table. She's exhausted! Working all night isn't easy. That's when she hears something

"Man, he can pull! He just got out of a relationship, and has a girl already?" Said Riza

Pearl spends the entire day thinking over those words... and when she checks her phone she has no idea what to do. One of her classmates sent her a picture of him with a new girl.

Feeling too many things at once she goes home, and locks herself in her room. As if Aiden knows that she isn't right, he sends her a text

"Talking to Aiden always helps! I just hope he isn't like all of my other friends

"Talking to Aiden always helps! I just hope he isn't like all of my other friends... yeah we might give the wrong impression to people but he's family, the elder brother I never had..." Thinks Pearl, falling asleep.

Sometime near 2 am

"... where am i? No no no no not again, please get away from me. Don't come near me!"

Pearl wakes up startled, shaking and crying. It's the same dream again... how long will she have these? She tries to go to sleep again, still shaking from the nightmare she just had. To calm herself down she starts thinking about all the happy memories she has had with people.

Next morning After School

"Aiden! So much has happened today..." Says Pearl, running up to Aiden and dragging him with her.

She starts talking about the text she received from Cody, and how she and Natasha aren't talking anymore. How happy she is to put everything behind her and how she is starting to get good marks again. She keeps ranting and Aiden just listens. They walk home together, laughing and chatting.

At home

After dinner, Pearl is writing her diary with music blaring in her earphones. She is in such bliss!

Dear Diary,

Today was such a day, I finally put my and Natasha's friendship in the past. We won't talk anymore... yeah it's a bummer, but I don't want to be with people who are so two-faced. Oh, and Cody got a new girl... it hurts you know, but Aiden is right I have better stuff to do than weep over a guy!

You can't imagine how happy I am having Aiden as my friend... Today when I was ranting to him about my day he just listened to me. It's not a huge thing, but no one really listens to me, they come to me talk about their problems and leave. And yeah he is such an elder brother! He's genuinely worried about me... and I love it.

I think the best thing that happened this year was me getting close to Aiden like he's helped so much that I might start crying!

My mum and dad took me out todayyy. We went for a long drive, talked about so many things, (other than studies dw...)

I should go to sleep now!

Love Pearl,

<3