Chapter 9

"... I swear Aiden if you don't shut up imma..." Says Pearl

"You're going to do what? You know you can't hurt me, Pearl, you're a little kid!!!" Said Aiden earning a glare from her

This has become a normal thing, sitting, talking, laughing and bickering like little kids... Pearl knows that this is going to last for just a while, everything will end once he goes to college.

Within a few months, Pearl has healed so much, she has learnt to let go, not pay attention, and always do your best. Aiden's unwavering support created an atmosphere of warmth and camaraderie.

Pearl, determined to embrace her newfound independence, delved into her studies and rediscovered her passion for art and writing, which now became a form of self-expression, a means to channel her emotions and experiences into something beautiful. The void left by Natasha's absence gradually filled with genuine connections, and Pearl found herself surrounded by friends who appreciated her for who she truly was. The support she received fueled her confidence, allowing her to blossom into the person she had always aspired to be.

Every day was filled with new adventures, new things to learn, new memories to make, new opportunities and new mistakes to make.

They continued to discover the beauty concealed inside their town and within themselves as winter's embrace tightened, eager to make the most of the time they had left before their inevitable parting of ways.

It's after school right now, both of them walking home in silence...

"Aiden?" Says Pearl softly, breaking the silence

"Mhm?" Humms Aiden looking at her.

"You won't forget our friendship, will you?"

"Obviously not Pearl, baka... why would you think I will?"

"I don't know you might meet new friends, who are cooler than me."

"So? I love our friendship!"

"Are you sure? What do you get from this friendship Aiden? I come to you with my problems, rant to you and that's it... we don't do anything else..."

"Pearl, Do you know how much fun I have with you? We're always laughing together, and I'm serious I love our friendship, don't overthink it..."

Pearl nods and then diverts the topic talking about something else. Knowing that she will cry if this conversation continues...