Chapter 8 - Wilson

I kicked ass today. I didn't care if she wouldn't admit it, everyone else noticed. I was on top of it —thing after thing she threw at me I tackled.

I actually learned a lot about the company and its clients. I hadn't realized how many authors are under them that I've actually read. I would never admit it but I'm excited to work somewhere I might actually be passionate about. The dream was to move to New York and be a poet, a writer, an artist. But like any dream, parents pitched in, crushed every idea and dream I had, in hopes I would follow in their footsteps— or whatever footsteps they had in mind for me. Then my love broke my heart and ruined my life, then apparently ran off with someone else.

People have always assumed I could have whatever I wanted because my family had money. And, granted I did have a lot growing up, but it was always my parents. No one ever seemed to understand the difficulty of not having basic needs yet because from an extremely young age, everything was give and take. The more I pleased my parents, the more money they gave me. It was less of an allowance and more of a way to control some aspect of my life.

Kora didn't go down without a fight. The worst task today was 'Grabbing something from her car', forcing me to go down the 3 set of stairs into the parking garage, then when I got back she, 'messed up' and I had to return... five times.

I had to stop between each one to stop from sweating too much.

Not only that, I was forced to stay until she left which was 7 pm.

7!

Who stays at their job until seven!

Hopefully, it was temporary. I could stay late a few days and look as busy as I could. I was busy though. She didn't assign me much of the 'important things' and clients, but I was trained well today and made an effort to learn about our client list, which was...long. Very, very long.

It would have taken me a few weeks just to skim through it, but I kept my focus while she remained in her office taking calls, answering emails.

I researched and studied until the sun set.

She still hadn't emerged from the office. Everyone left an hour ago. Even Gen left half an hour ago. But I stayed and stayed until.