Chapter Two

Aubrey Graham | 32

I was in my cell just reading a book called Hustler Harder, Hustler smarter. The book was by 50 cent. The book was very interesting to me. In this book he was opening up about comeback from tragic personal loss to a thriving businessman.

This book just gave me a reflection on my life. That I could really overcome anything, even in the most toughest moments.

All you gotta do is just wanna make that change for yourself if you really want to.

Flipping to the next page, I was interrupted by an officer making me look up.

"Graham, you've got a Visitor," My cell slowly opens.

I was confused as hell right now. Usually when anyone comes they give me a heads up but this time they didn't. Closing my book, not forgetting to save the page I was on.

"What?" I said mostly to myself. "I'm not expecting anyone today?"

"Well there is someone here for you." He shrugged his shoulders with a stale face reaction. "Do you want me to tell them to go?"

"Nah, nah." I got up sliding on my slides taking my glasses off my face.

I really wanted to see who was here for me.

Accompanied by an officer, I made my way to the visitation room, the weight of uncertainty lingering in each step.

"You don't seem to excited about this visit Grahams."

"It's not that I'm not excited. It's just I wasn't expecting anybody today, you know? Did you at least get there name?"

"Of course I got there name," Office Murray chuckles. "But they asked me not to tell you. So you'll have to find out yourself."

Now I was really wondering and eager.

A mix of emotions surged through me as I entered the visitation room, spotting my oldest son after four years, his nervous energy palpable as he bounced his knee at the table.

Shock swept over me at the sight of my oldest son in the visitation room, the reality of his presence sinking in after years of separation.

Our eyes met, and a moment of frozen silence passed as my son looked up from the table, the weight of our reunion hanging in the air.

In a burst of emotion, I rushed towards my son for a hug, but the officer intervened, reminding us of the restriction—no physical contact allowed.

"What are you doing here?" We both took a seat at the table. I was flabbergasted seeing him here, in the flesh.

"I wanted to come see you dad, I missed you."

His words resonated deeply, evoking a mix of emotions within me as he expressed his desire to visit, creating a poignant moment that touched my heart.

"Why didn't you tell me before hand that you were going to come?" I looked at him with shock all over my face. "Wait— does your mom even know your here?" I rubbed my hands down my face with a huge sigh leaving from my mouth. "Daedae, please tell me you told your mom you were coming here."

"I did!" He says in a hyper tone. "I swear I did! You want me to call her right now?" He pulls out his phone getting ready to call Mariah but I turned that down quick.

"No," I shook my head. "I believe you." I still couldn't face the fact my son was here.

"I'm just in a lost of words right now— you are really here?"