Chapter nineteen

Aubrey Graham | 32

Aubrey Graham | 32

The room fell silent as the weight of my son's words sank in. My mind reeled, struggling to comprehend the depth of his pain and the magnitude of his actions. I watched in horror as he confessed to seeking vengeance for the unfathomable loss of his family. Despite my hopes that he had moved beyond his past, the harsh reality shattered any illusions I held.Torn between disbelief and devastation, I grappled with the overwhelming emotions threatening to consume me. How had it come to this? In that moment, I realized the profound complexity of my son's journey and the profound depths of his grief. But amidst the turmoil, one thing remained clear: we were now both navigating uncharted territory, grappling with the consequences of his actions and the uncertain path ahead.

"Are you fucking serious Daedae?" I shouted lightly getting up from leaning on the wall. "No don't even fucking speak when I'm speaking!" I cut him off as he was about to talk. "You're 19 fucking years old? Your life is just now getting started and you wanna ruin it like that?"

I looked at Daedae in disbelief as he faced the ground not talking.

"I thought you been past this lifestyle?" I started to get irritated even more because he wasn't looking at me. "Aye, fucking look at me when I'm talking to you. You a grown ass man now right? I mean since you killed him."

"You thought I was just gonna let that nigga slide after killing my family? Huh!?" Daedae started to get loud balling his fist up in the process. "That night I had the right opportunity to get him and I did just that. Besides why are you talking? You did it too!"

I shook my head starting to get stressed out.

"Me and you are not the damn same and you don't know what I did or the reason for it."

Daedae kept quiet with his hands now in his pockets. He cleared his throat before speaking. "Dad, I didn't want to do it, but I had to. You knew if you were in the same shoes as me you would've did the same thing too!"

I started to hear him sniffling up. "I have nightmares of that same night. I wish I didn't do it but I can't change the past now." He looks up for a second. "Now everyone is talking about it. Dad I know I fucked up badly."

All I could do was look at him while he poured out his emotions.

"Dad, the police are involved in this now." He cried out running his hands down his face while wiping away his tears.

Signing in the process I walked over to him wrapped my arm around his shoulders giving him a long hug as he cried into my chest.

Watching him cry made me feel like I was going too far with him but at the same time I felt like I wasn't. I can't be easy on him anyways since he just murdered someone.

But he is right, if I was in his shoes I probably would've done the exact same thing if I went through what he did.

So many thoughts were going through my head as fast as the speed of light.