Chapter Twenty

Mariah Johnson | 27

Mariah Johnson | 27

As I left the bustling business meeting, the weight of my growing popularity as a model pressed upon me. Since signing with Calvin Klein and unveiling the campaign, inquiries flooded in from every direction. Amidst this whirlwind, I couldn't turn down Ashley's plea for assistance with a photo shoot, despite the lingering connections she shared with Aubrey. Beneath her association with him, Ashley was genuinely kind-hearted, and I couldn't refuse her request. Thus, I found myself navigating the delicate balance between professional obligations and personal relationships, each step a testament to the intricacies of the world I now inhabited.

With a confident stride, my heels echoed against the polished marble floors as I entered the photo shoot location. Spotting Keith engaged in conversation with one of our directors. I was surprised seeing him here too. I approached with a warm smile spreading across my face. Greeting them both, I exuded professionalism and enthusiasm, ready to dive into the day's work with determination and grace.

"Hey Mariah," Keith replies back offering me a hug and I accepted it. He was hugging me way longer than he should've been so I lightly moved away. "My bad for the long hug," He laughed scratching at his head.

"You're fine," I looked over at Ashley and she didn't even speak back to me. I ignored it and faced Keith again. "So what are you doing here? I wasn't expecting to see you today?"

"Oh, Ashley told me to slide through, she said me and you are about to take some pictures for some brand? I don't know that's what all she told me though." He makes me following him walking over to the food they had out on the tables. "You want anything before we start?" Keith looks up and down at me before taking a cupcake.

"I'm just going to grab a water." He nods and watches me take a sip from the bottle. "So why didn't you come to my after party?"

"Long story, I seen someone that night, so we decided to leave and catch up."

"Oh! I think I know who you're talking about." I hummed in response wondering what he meant. "The guy with them braids right? That was standing outside of the building and mugging me? Actually why was he mugging me for?" He questioned scrunching his eyebrows.

I silently laughed to myself. Aubrey is always mugging at someone when they look at me or talk to me for too long. He's always been like that.

"Yeah... it was him and he does that to everyone, so don't feel any type of way by it please." I left the conversation as that because I didn't feel the need to tell him who he was or who I was with. "But what's wrong with Ashley? Seems like she has an attitude today." I took a look over at Ashley. She looked like she was thinking mad hard about something.

Keith waved her off. "She's just mad because her and her dude got into it a little while ago before you got here. They were outside and you could hear everything going on, shit was crazy she came in with an attitude."