Chapter Seventeen

Daedae Watkins-Graham | 19

"Nigga get up bruh!" My friend Jay said, walking towards me with a basketball by his side.

Jay was a friend I met when I was young. I use to come to the Rec all the time before what happened with my family.

But I finally started coming back and this nigga was still here all the time.

"I haven't seen your ass in how long? And you come in this bitch looking mopey as shit?" He said taking a seat next to me dribbling the ball behind his legs. "You good?" Jay ask in a concerning manner.

"I'm good bro," I replied not so sure of my tone. "Just some shit going on."

"I know some shit going on with you, I could tell the way you walked in here barely saying shit."

I laughed with him getting a sip from my water bottle. "Aight," I got up from the bleachers stretching. "I think I'm ready now,"

"Bet," Jay gets up passing me the ball making me catch it. "We gonna do some drills."

I nodded my head waiting for him to tell me what to do.

Couple hours later...

After spending a couple of hours at the gym, I was now in Izzy's driveway. I've been texting her nonstop today and she didn't reply back to me at all.

I was supposed to be at my grandmas house but I decided I wanted to come to Izzy's house. I went to the gym late just to clear my mind and that did help a little. Now I just needed to make things right with Mariah.

I don't know what I did to get this side of her.

Me: I'm outside your door so you mind asw unlock it before I ask your mom to.

As I sent the message, Izzy hurried and read it. The iMessage bubbles quickly appeared.

I leaned against the door looking down at the boutique of roses in my hand while a bag of Chinese food and snacks in the other.

My 💜: You are so annoying!! Hold on smh

Yeah, Izzy knew better.

It took her a couple minutes before she finally opened the door.

"Hey," I said looking up and down at her attire. She had my jersey from Highschool on. Izzy always looked good with my clothes on. "These are for you," I offered he the flowers.

She viewed them before taking them. A smile began to form on her face.

"Thank you," She looks down at my hands seeing the other stuff I had. "What is that?"

"Some Chinese food and snacks." Izzy try's to grab the bags from my hands but I backed up shaking my head. "Nah, you gotta let me in first if you want them."