Chapter 6ixteen

Mariah Johnson | 27

Mariah Johnson | 27

"Yes Drake?" I said walking up to him as he was leaned against the brick wall with low red eyes.

He laughed before putting his hoodie on. "What are you doing out here Mariah?"

"No the questions is what are you doing out here? You're supposed to be watching the kids remember?"

"Chill, and I was invited here last minute. I forgot, so I dropped them off over my mom's crib."

"And you didn't think to tell me?"

He shook his head with a shrug. "Nah, and that's my fault. Why this nigga keep looking at me though? This someone new you talking to?"

I turned my head around seeing Keith was looking at us before getting into his car. Turning my head back around facing Aubrey he was smirking.

"Yes actually..." I responded back. I was most definitely lying, just wanted to see what Aubrey would say about it. "So, where's your girl Ashley?"

"How do you know her?"

"Well she was the photographer of my Calvin Klein shoot."

I heard him mumble something but couldn't comprehend it.

"I sent her home."

I laughed shivering up once I felt the cool breeze blowing.

Aubrey noticed and took his jacket off helping me putting it on. I was declining the jacket multiple times but he wasn't going for it.

"Still stubborn as ever. Ahh shit, here your friends come." Aubrey said taking a few steps back from me.

"So you were over here with this nigga the whole time Mariah? Me and Breah were looking all over the place for you until Keith told us where you were."

"I told you guys I would be right back..."

"Well you took long as hell and we thought something happened to you. We are getting ready to leave. Are you ready?" Breah questioned while looking between me and Aubrey.

I could tell by Aubrey's face he was over it.

"And remember we're supposed to be going to Keith's after party?" Ari egged on with a sparkle in her eyes.

"She's good, she'll be with me."

Aubrey spoke up making me scrunch my face up in confusion. I never said yes to anything.

Once he said that he gave me that look. That he wasn't playing at all look.

"Right Mariah?" He continues on.

"So you're ditching us for him Mariah? We came out here for you!"

"Ok hold up hold up!" I put my hands out in surrender. "All y'all is not about to gang up on me. That's not gonna happen."