Chapter Twelve

Aubrey Graham | 32

Aubrey Graham | 32

As I groaned with my eyes closed, shifting around in bed, I suddenly felt a comforting weight settle on top of me. Opening my eyes slowly, I looked down to see Ashley, peacefully asleep, nestled on my chest. Her steady breaths and the warmth of her body against mine filled me with a sense of contentment.

Carefully, I maneuvered Ashley off my chest, being mindful not to disturb her slumber. With delicate movements, I shifted her to the side, ensuring she remained comfortable and undisturbed. Once she was settled, I tucked the blanket around her and watched her peacefully sleep.

As I glanced at the scattered clothes on the floor, memories of the events that unfolded between Ashley and me last night flooded my mind. With a shake of my head and a sigh, I replayed the moments, over and over again. We both wanted to do what we did last night.

With a shake of my head, I reached down to pick up my pants from the floor, my fingers automatically searching the pockets for my phone. As I turned it on, a message from Mariah caught my attention. Out of curiosity I opened the message, wondering what she had to say. We usually don't speak at all unless it's involving our kids.

I chuckled noticing I still haven't changed her contact name in my phone.

Love💗:

Amir found one of your chains😂😂😂

Amir found one of your chains😂😂😂... he told me he wanted to look like you today!

Seeing the picture of my four-year-old son, Amir, wearing my chain and cap brought a wide grin to my face. His innocent playfulness never failed to lift my spirits. With a warm chuckle, I replied to the message.

Me: Lookin fly like his OG😂💖

As I responded to the text, I heard Ashley shifting around on the bed, still lost in sleep. Intrigued, I glanced over my shoulder to watch her movements.

I turned away from watching Ashley and focused on getting my clothes back on to head out of here.

"Aubrey?" Ashley's voice lightly called out my name. "Where are you going?" She says in a sleeping voice