Chapter Twenty-Four

Mariah Johnson | 27

Mariah Johnson | 27

As we strolled through downtown Atlanta, the city's nocturnal charm enveloped us. Hands intertwined, Aubrey and I surrendered to the allure of the urban landscape, prolonging our night of exploration. Amidst the bustling streets, other couples seemed to mirror our contentment, basking in the simple joy of each other's company.

Nestled against Aubrey's comforting embrace, his warmth shielded me from the chill of the night air. Wrapped in his arms, I felt a sense of security and belonging that I had sorely missed. In that moment, amidst the city's symphony of lights and laughter, I realized how grateful I was to share this intimate connection with him once again.

"Downtown Atlanta is really beautiful, wow." I said looking blown away of what was in front of us.

"For real." Aubrey smiles looking down at me before looking back up as we kept on walking. "I don't know the last time I walked on these streets. I missed it though."

"I know right! It's breath taking right. There's a bench right there!" I pointed out to Aubrey and we made our way over there.

Aubrey sat down first on the bench before notifying me to take a seat next to him.

It was a really good seat. We were in the cut but could see what was happening in front of us.

"Why you so far?" Aubrey scrunches his face up at me before pulling me even closer, I was now on his lap.

"Aubrey!" I yelped feeling him squeeze my waist with a smirk on his face. "I was already close enough?"

"Not for my liking." He said in response resting his face in the crook of my neck.

Taking a deep breath, I watched the atmosphere around us while massaging his scalp making him groan in the process.

"You know today was nice. I really enjoyed it."

"I know, and I'm glad you did. All that hard work you put in today, you deserve it."

"You know I was scared doing the runway?" I laughed thinking about it.

Aubrey's face was not resting in my neck anymore and he looked at me with curious in his eyes.

"You sure? Because you didn't like it when you were up there. Shit, you looked like a pro if I do say so myself Mariah."

"Look at you trying to butter me up."

"I'm not though. I'm being deadass Mariah. I know I say this shit a lot but I am so proud of you man. You spoke these words into existence since day one and look where you're at right now. My baby making big moves!"

I chuckled starting to feel shy around Aubrey now. I always love when Aubrey gives me my flowers and says how proud he is of me.

Just always give me an extra boost inside of me.