Chapter 2 - Aftermath

When Cody woke up the next day, he had a headache, felt dizzy, and was a little nauseous. After the headache and nausea had passed, he realized that he was lying in his bedroom on his bed. He turned around and saw Dani, who approached him and hugged him tightly.

Dani: "Cody, thank goodness that you're awake."

Cody: "What happened? How did I get back home?"

Dani: "It's okay, Cody. We're glad that you're all right."

Dani and Cody saw their father, Kade and Graham arriving. They also joined in the hugs.

Kade: "What happened to you?"

Graham: "Did you feel anything?"

Dani: "Do you need to check up on you?"

Cody: "I'm alright, guys. I just felt dizzy when I woke up, but I'm ok."

Chief Burns: "Alright, everybody. Let's start eating while we talk."

As everyone went to the dining room, they began to eat their breakfast, Kade, Graham, and Dani discussed their desire to ask Cody about the mysterious object he had when they rescued him from the hole.

Graham: "Cody, why do you have that object with you?"

Cody: "Wait, what?"

Dani: "Cody, when we rescue you from the hole, that object appears out of nowhere in your room."

Cody: "I don't understand, how did it get here?"

Kade: "Well, Cody. We're going to explain everything. Let's start at the beginning."

Begin flashback

After Cody touched a mysterious object, he became unconscious. Frankie grew worried about him.

Frankie: "Cody!"

She saw her friend who was unconscious and felt terrified and worried. She immediately called her father and told him about the situation. After receiving the call, her dad along with the Burns family arrived at the scene with rescue bots to get Cody out of the hole.

Chief Burns: "Cody, are you alright?"

When they arrived, they found Cody unconscious and in need of help to get out of there.

Chief Burns: "Dani, get your helicopter bot ready for the wrench."

Dani: "On it, Dad. Robot, pull your wrench down!"

Blades: *Robotic voice* "Understood."

Chief Burns and Dani attached the rescue basket to the ready wrench to lower themselves and get Cody out.

After reaching Cody, they lifted him and put him in a basket. However, they noticed an unknown object in his hand and carefully moved it aside. Dani then summoned her robot assistant to transport them to safety.

Upon emerging from the hole, Dani checked on her baby brother and found that he was unharmed.

Frankie: "Is he going to be okay?"

Dani: "Don't worry, Frankie. He's okay."

After Dani checks on her baby brother, the Burns family takes him back to the firehouse. Dani carried Cody in her arms and saw her father approaching her and Cody.

Chief Burns: "You need help with Cody, Dani?"

Dani: "It"s okay, Dad. I got him."

Chief Burns: "Very well, I'll go check with Kade and Graham."

Dani: "Okay, Dad."

Dani took Cody to his room. When she got there, she placed her little brother on his bed and gave a kiss on his forehead, she turned around to see her father arrive along with Kade and Graham.

Dani: "Cody's going to be okay, guys."

Kade: "Good, but we're going to talk to him tomorrow."

Chief Burns: "Kade, Cody is going to have a difficult time when he wakes up. Give him time when he's better."

Graham: "Guys, look."

They looked at that the object appeared out of nowhere in his room and they didn't know how it got there. They decided to hide it and talk to Cody about it tomorrow.

End flashback

Kade: "And that's how it happens."

Graham: "We are just glad that you are alright, Cody."

Dani: "Please don't scare us like that. Okay, Cody?"

Cody: "I won't, I promise."

Chief Burns: "Okay, everybody. Let's finish our breakfast because when an emergency call comes in, we need to be ready to respond."

Meanwhile, at the garage, the four robots were discussing Chief Burns' explanation of what happened to Cody.

Blades: "Do you think that Cody is okay?"

Heatwave: "I just overheard their conversation, and it seems he's okay."

Boulder: "What is that thing on Cody's hand?"

Chase: "I have no idea what this object is. Heatwave, did you notify Optimus about this mysterious object?"

Heatwave: "I did, Chase. He said that he is going to analyze it on that object."

Chase: "Here they come."

The four robots switched to vehicle modes upon the arrival of the Burns family at the garage.

Chief Burns: "Cody, are you sure you're okay?"

Cody: "Sure, Dad. I believe so."

Chief Burns: "I asked Frankie to keep an eye on you while you are at school, while your siblings and I go on patrol."

Cody: "Thanks, Dad."

When Cody entered the school, he saw Frankie rushing to hug him.

Frankie: "Cody, I am glad to hear that you are okay. I was worried about you."

Cody: "It's alright, Frankie. I'm fine."

As soon as they entered the classroom, they attentively listened to the teacher explaining the assignments.

Author's note: "Hello everyone! I hope you all enjoyed reading the second chapter of my story. The upcoming chapter will focus on Jack, Miko, and Raf as they meet each other after being teleported to Griffin Rock. If any of you y'all have any questions, let me know in the comments. Thank you for reading, and I look forward to seeing you all again in the next chapter."