Chapter 3 - Teleportation

Jack Darby, a sixteen-year-old, returned to his home in Jasper, Nevada, after school. His mother, June Darby, was inside waiting for him.

 His mother, June Darby, was inside waiting for him

Jack: "Mom, I'm home."

June: "Hi, Jack

June: "Hi, Jack. how's school today?"

Jack: "It's good, Mom. The same thing."

June: "Tomorrow is Saturday and I have a lot of work to do at the hospital. I'll be back late Saturday night before Sunday.."

Jack: "I see. Do you have any plans for today, Mom?"

June: "Let's cook and eat first. Then plan what to do after dinner."

Jack: "Sounds great, Mom."

A few hours after finishing their dinner, June got ready for work.

June: "I'll be back late tomorrow, Jack. Did your boss give you two days off?"

Jack: "He did, Mom."

June: "Oh, I forgot about it. I'm just making sure."

Jack: "Okay, Mom. I'll see you later."

June: "See you later, Jack."

A few hours later, Jack went to his room. But he saw a portal at the wall of his room.

Jack: "What is this?"

Jack slowly approached the portal, but before he could enter, he reached for his phone to call his mother. Suddenly, the portal pulled him inside and began to close. In a moment of chaos, the portal reopened and Jack fell to the ground, losing consciousness. 

The next day, Jack was awakened by a fifteen-year-old girl named Miko Nakadai.

Miko: "Dude, are you okay?

Jack: "What... what happened?"

Miko: "I don't know, dude. I got dragged into that portal a few seconds ago. By the way, I'm Miko. What's your name?"

Jack: "Name's Jack. Nice to meet you, Miko. But we need to find help. And the problem is that we don't know where we are."

Miko: "I have no idea where we are, Jack. But if we're going to move, we can find someone to help us."

Jack: *Signs* "Okay, Let's move and we can find someone to help us."

Miko: "Sounds great."

Jack and Miko spotted twelve-year-old Raf Esquivel being dragged unconscious into the portal a few minutes after leaving the forest.

Jack: "We got to help him. Come on, Miko."

Jack and Miko ran to Raf, trying to wake him up. Raf slowly opened his eyes and saw them.

Raf: *Groans* "Who... who are you guys..."

Jack: "Relax, buddy. What happened?"

Raf: "I got dragged into the portal when I was playing my RC car   near an unfinished highway."

Miko: "When?"

Raf: "A few minutes ago."

Jack and Miko were surprised when they were suddenly pulled into the portal. They quickly helped Raf to his feet and started to talk about what had happened.

Miko: "What are we going to do now?"

Jack: "I don't know, Miko. But I lived in Jasper, Nevada with my mom."

Miko: "Hey, I also lived in Jasper."

Raf: "Me too."

Jack: "Are you guys from different schools or what?"

Raf: "Same school that we went to, Jack."

Miko: "Yup."

Jack: "OK, guys. We don't know where we are. But if we can keep moving, we can find someone help to us get back home."

Raf: "I agree, Jack."

Miko: "That will be a long walk."

Raf turned around and spotted a sign in the distance. He pulled out his phone, zoomed in, and saw the sign for Griffin Rock.

Raf: "I saw the sign, guys. It said that we are at Griffin Rock."

Jack: "Wait, what?"

Miko: "What?"

Raf: "Take a look."

Jack and Miko were shocked to see Griffin Rock after following Raf's directions.

Jack: "There are People living in Griffin Rock. If we can reach the town, we can ask for help to get back home."

Raf: "Sounds good, Jack. I need to get back home to my family before they find out I haven't arrived yet."

Miko: "I need to head back home before my host parents worry about me."

Jack: "Okay, guys let's move the town and ask them for help."

Jack, Miko, and Raf set out from the forest in a hurry to reach the distant town before it was too late. Along the way, they stumbled upon trouble at an abandoned factory.

Author's note: Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed reading the third chapter of my book. I know it's short, but I'm trying to make sure each chapter is as impactful as possible. If any of y'all have any questions, let me know in the comments. Looking forward to seeing you all in the next chapter!