Follow the signs

Kieran and Yuuna arrived at Kitakami Hall and she noticed the decorations around here.

"Wow! Why is it decorated here?", she asked. "That's for the upcoming...", Kieran started but interrupted himself, "the signboard is over there!" They run towards it and Yuuna read it:

"The ogre possessed four mysterious, glimmering masks. It is said that depending on the mask the ogre donned, the powers of its cudgel would change. When wearing the teal mask, it could bring life back into withered greenery around it. When wearing the crimson mask, it could turn a candle's flame into a raging inferno. When wearing the blue mask, it could stop the very flow of a river. When wearing the ashen gray mask, it could easily break the hardest stone in two. Before the Loyal Three fell, they wrested away three of the ogre's mask, greatly weakening it."

"The masks, that get mentioned, are kept at Kitakami Hall and...", Kieran started, "I'm not scared of the ogre! I think it's really strong, even after everybody shunned it! You know... I want to be like the ogre since I was a kid. My sister does mostly everything for me, even at school. But I want to become strong myself and be a person, people can rely on! Maybe then I can become friends with th ogre."

Yuuna smiled at him and grabbed his hands, holding them into hers. "You're already strong, Kieran! At least in my eyes! You're an amazing person and just as cool as the ogre!", Yuuna told him, not noticing the blush on Kieran's face. He got quite embarrassed and quickly changed topics:"W-we still need to take the picture!" Yuuna was a little bit confused, but she got in position, taking the second pictures with Kieran.

They looked at the picture and smiled both, Kieran still a little embarrassed

They looked at the picture and smiled both, Kieran still a little embarrassed. Yuuna was still looking at the picture, while Kieran was looking at her. After a while, she noticed it and smiled at him. He quickly looked away, turning red a little and said:"D-Do... you want to... maybe... see the ogre's home? It's on top of Oni Mountain, the Dreaded Dan."

Yuuna looked up the mountain and smiled. "I would love to, but only when we go together again. I don't want to fall after all.", she said and giggled. Kieran nodded and smiled, happy that she agreed.

They started walking up the stairs to Oni Mountain, following the path. Suddenly, Kieran spoke up:"Y-You said earlier that Mimikyu is one of your two partner Pokémon... who is the other one?" "That's Sylveon!", Yuuna said and smiled, "Do you want to know how I met her?" Kieran nodded, excited to hear her story.

"I have her since she was still an egg.", Yuuna started, "My father gave it to me when i was 5 years old. I took care of it, taking it with me anywhere I go. One day, on a picnic with my family, the egg hatched and an Eevee came out. I directly felt in love with it and took care of it even more." Kieran looked at her and listened to her story. "But when did it evolved?", he asked. "It was the start of my first journey. I was just about to choose my starter Pokémon as Eevee came out of my bag and threw a Pokéball at me, telling that she wanted to be my first Pokémon. I caught her and my journey started. While I was facing the fairy gym, I had some trouble deciding what to do, I only had Eevee left and needed to face a Sylveon. She didn't gave up and stood her ground and then... she evolved... into the prettiest Sylveon ever. I was so happy and with her new strength we were able to win!" Yuuna smiled at Kieran as she finished.

He smiled back but looked away embarrassed, mumbling something that Yuuna didn't understand. She only heard the word pretty in it.

Then they finally arrived at the Dreaded Dan. "You know, I came up here a lot of times, but I never saw the ogre.", Kieran said, "maybe it will come out when a battle is happening." He looked at Yuuna and asked:"Would you mind battling me?" Yuuna looked at Kieran and noticed that he really wanted it, so she nodded and got in position.

This time, Yuuna was facing his Furret, Yanma and Poliwhirl. She was using her Mimikyu, Sylveon and Quaquaval. It was an interesting fight, either side giving up.
In the end, Kieran's Poliwhirl and Yuuna's Sylveon were left. "Poliwhirl, Liquidation!", Kieran shouted, but Sylveon danced through the air and avoided the attack. "Moon Blast!", Yuuna shouted and the attack hit, defeating Poliwhirl.

Kieran called it back and looked kinda down. "Aw man! You're so strong, Yuuna! If I would be as strong as you, I could aim to be the best at my school!", he said.

"Syl"
Sylveon pushed Yuuna towards him with her feelers. She was confused and stopped in front of him. Kieran looked at her, not knowing what she's going to do.
"Syl!"
Yuuna avoided eye contact with him and said:"You're already strong, Kieran! You just need to be more confident and have trust in your abilities!" She looked at him, smiling. Kieran started to blush a little and quickly changed topics. "Let's enter the cave!", he said and ran towards it. Yuuna was confused again and sighed. "Good job, Sylveon. Now he thinks I'm weird.", she said to Sylveon before calling her back and following Kieran into the cave.

They looked around the cave and Kieran said:"This place looks so miserable! If I could, I would allow the ogre to live with us, but the whole town would probably freak out!" Yuuna nodded. "That's true, but that's still really sweet of you!" She smiled at him, making Kieran blush again.

They existed the cave and noticed that the sun is already setting. "I think we should leave the last signboard for tomorrow", Kieran suggested. "Yeah, I agree! Then, I think I should return to the community center!", Yuuna said. "W-wait!", he yelled and she turned to him, "Do you maybe want to go to the mask festival together?" She smiled at him and approached him again. "I would love to!", she said happily. Kieran smiled and said:"How about we go to my house! We could get ready there!" Yuuna nodded and got her phone out, showing the map of Kitakami.

"My house is here!"
"Here?"
They both touched the screen at the same time, their fingers touching too. They both get embarrassed. "S-sorry!", Yuuna said, letting Kieran marking down the location of his house. "It's okay!", he said, but he looked away, embarrassed, "shall we go then? Together?" Yuuna nodded and they made their way to Kieran's house, staying mostly silent on their way.