The promise upon a mask

Yuuna woke up the next day, wanting to stay in bed, but she couldn't. Yuuna got up and looked at her reflection. Her hair was a mess, and her eyes were red from crying.
"Kieran..."
Yuuna started to tear up again.
"Pon!"
Ogerpon appeared and hugged Yuuna to calm her down. She smiled at her, patting her head. "Thank you, Ogerpon!" Yuuna sighed, wiped away her tears, and got ready for the day.

She went outside the community center, and a student approached her, telling her that Carmine wanted to meet her at Loyalty Plaza. She nodded and made her way there.

---------------
Once Yuuna arrived, she spotted Carmine standing by the Loyal Three Monument. Yuuna approached her.

"Yuuna! I'm glad that you came!" Yuuna tried to smile, but it was clear to anyone that she was feeling miserable. Yuuna looked to the ground and asked. "How... how is... Kieran...?" Carmine made a serious face and sighed before she spoke. "He... has shut himself in his room since yesterday. He's not coming out, not even to eat something!"

Yuuna's eyes widened. "Wha--!!"
She started to tear up again, clenching her fist. "That's all my fault! If I hadn't lied to him, all of this wouldn't have happened!"

"Yuuna, don't be so hard on yourself! Kiki is... a little difficult." Carmine said and patted her shoulder. "But... I was his friend, maybe his first real one!" Yuuna sobbed. "And I just lied to him! I used his trust! I completely destroyed it!"

Carmine knew how Yuuna felt and gave her a hug. "Dont worry! He just needs time! And you both are still friends! I'm sure about that!" Yuuna hugged her back. "But... he said that he didn't want to see me again!" Carmine patted her head, looking at her as she spoke. "He just overreacted. Don't worry! Everything is going to be okay!"

Yuuna wiped away her tears. "I know that you wanted to protect him, but... I kinda wished that I didn't listen to you and told him the truth. Is that bad of me?" Carmine shook her head. "Of course not! I know that I forced you to keep it to yourself, and maybe I was a little harsh. I apologise for that!"

Yuuna smiled a little. "It's okay! But thanks!" She was feeling little better, but she was still thinking about Kieran. What was he doing right now?

Suddenly, Yuuna's phone rang. It was Miss Briar. She took the call. "Yuuna! Good that I reached you! Since everybody finished the task, we gonna meet at the community center again. Please take Carmine with you, too!" Yuuna nodded, and the call ended. They both made their way back to the community center.

-------------

They arrived at the community center and saw the other students and the caretaker standing in front of it. Once they joined them, the caretaker spoke. "So, everyone has finished the task! Good work!" The students cheered, but Yuuna just smiled a little. Next, Miss Briar spoke. "I also got some news, unfortunately some bad ones." Yuuna looked up at her. Miss Briar continued. "They have been some development in the great crater, so Carmine, Kieran, and I need to return to Blueberry Academy!"

Yuuna's eyes widened. Kieran needs to leave?! That means Yuuna wasn't able to say goodbye to him. She was hoping to see him again before either of them needed to go home. She looked down but directly looked up again as Carmine spoke. "Sadly, my brother isn't able to be here, so I'm saying thank you in the name of both of us! We had a lot of fun! I never wanted outsiders in Kitakami but now I don't mind it anymore! I hope you're going to visit again! And Yuuna..." Carmine smiled at her. "I really hope I will see you at Blueberry Academy! Promise me that, okay!"

Yuuna looked at her. Blueberry Academy... the school Carmine and Kieran go to...

Yuuna nodded. "Of course! I can't wait to see you two again!" And with that, Yuuna's trip to Kitakami was over. They said their goodbyes to Carmine and Miss Briar and waved at them as they left.

Yuuna smiled. She did had a good time and maybe once she visit the two at Blueberry Academy, she can talk to Kieran and they can be friends again.

Before Yuuna entered the community center, she gave the house of Kieran and Carmine a last look. Then she went inside to pack her stuff.

-----------

Yuuna was getting her things together, while Ogerpon was helping her. Then, Ogerpon gave her the ogre mask that she bought at the festival. Yuuna took it and looked at it. She hugged it tightly to her chest.

" I promise you, Kieran, we're going to see each other again! And then... we can become friends again!"

Ogerpon jumped happily. She also wanted to see Kieran again and become his friend. Yuuna smiled at her and put the mask in her bag. Then she took her bag, leaving the community center and Kitakami behind.

"Good bye, Kieran! See you soon!"